I am a widow

kmpisces

My husband passed away 3 years ago. I have a wonderful man in my life. Somehow I feel disloyal. My husband and I's children are still young. It is just a lot. Anyone else been in this situation?

It's probably because you're a good woman with character integrity loyalty and respect unlike a lot of them out there

It's probably because you're not completely over the loss of your husband. You feel a little bit guilty.

If your husband was a good man (and I hope he was) he would want you to be happy and have a nice life.

• Like 2
My husband passed away 3 years ago. I have a wonderful man in my life. Somehow I feel disloyal. My husband and I's children are still young. It is just a lot. Anyone else been in this situation?

Not been through what you've gone through, sorry for your loss. Always love and remember your husband, father of your children. Make sure you honour his memory and keep memories alive for your kids sake.

All I know is (from losing a father in my early 20's) you never 'get over it', it just gets easier as time goes on. Though losing a parent isn't the same as losing a spouse...Still is hard and hurts.

Hope your current husband understands that you love him and what you're feeling has nothing to do with him. It has to do with the love you still feel for your previous husband and it's okay to feel the way you do. Don't over think it.

• Author

I do certainly try to be a good woman with loyalty and integrity. It is true that I am not totally over the loss. I believe he was my soulmate and I will miss him and still love him every day of my life. My husband was a very good man. I know he would want me to be happy. He would want the kids to have a strong and loving male role model in their life.

• Like 1
I do certainly try to be a good woman with loyalty and integrity. It is true that I am not totally over the loss. I believe he was my soulmate and I will miss him and still love him every day of my life. My husband was a very good man. I know he would want me to be happy. He would want the kids to have a strong and loving male role model in their life.

All of this honors you. You're not replacing him, because he's obviously irreplaceable. There's nothing wrong in trying to rebuild your life. If I were your new partner, I'd look at you with suspicion if you had forgotten your husband. This being just the other way around, you've shown you are a loyal and reliable person. I'm sure he knows that. Happiness is your right and by chasing it you're not disrespecting anyone.

• Like 1