To the Point of Indifference

MeadowFlower

Hey fellow Loveshackers ?,

How long did it take you to get to the point of indifference towards your ex after being dumped? That is, completely over the breakup and indifferent in your feelings towards them and it wouldn't bother you or hurt if they loved/crushed on/liked someone else.

Also, how long where you in the relationship and if you don't mind saying if you are male or female.

Two years. I think I am there now. I entered 2017 and pretty much thought I'm not going to spend another minute feeling regret, sadness or worthless.

We have known each other 10 years and were together for 4. We faffed around trying to be friends, he faked a few second chances and he always back tracked (he dumped me). And tried various phases of no contact, limited contact etc.

Ironically, he's just got back in contact and seems to be having second thoughts which makes me feel nothing but a tiny flicker of wtf and sadness. I would have paid someone a lot of money at one point to hear those words.

I thought it would feel like a victory having the tables turned but it doesn't. I wish him happiness and more than anything hopefully he has learnt something from this.

Just for the record, I'm female and I've just turned 40 and probably should have known better over the past 2 years but know the madness that comes from heartbreak doesn't discriminate age, race or gender! Young, old, black, white or any other variation or sexual orientation our hearts are all the same.

Edited by RocketQueen
To add my gender