Happy Holidays and Anniversaries

guest572

How is everyone coping? Do you find it difficult at this time of year? What do you do to help get through it?

I usually love Christmas but it is getting me down this year. It would be our anniversary, and last Christmas and New Years was very special. We were so happy and excited and falling in love. We had so much fun together and it was so relaxing. It is a contrast to this year where I just feel extra lonely. The memories from last year seem more vivid at this time. I've made a bit of progress with the breakup. I wouldn't say I accept it but I certainly don't want him back. I have known all along that it is for the best but I am still utterly heart broken and miss him. I've been to counselling and am on anti depressants. Without the medication, I would still be a complete wreck.

I am trying to get excited about Christmas and the new year and forcing myself to get into the 'spirit' with my usual traditions, family, charities, decorations, good food..Planning things with family to keep busy and be around people. I think that focusing on these things has helped a bit.

I normally absolutely love Christmas but I'm not not interested at all this year.

I never even had a Christmas with him so I can't even imagine how hard it must be for people who have those memories.

All I have are promises of what we would do over Christmas, promises that will never materialise and I'm struggling to deal with the could haves and should haves.