My ex gf' friends keep appearing in my life. Its like a ghost keep haunting me.

Densel

Hi all,

I had many relationships in the past Ranging from months to years.

The last rs i had was 2.5years. The break up was devastating and life changing for me. I was dumped in the most cruel way one can imagine.

Now post break up about 10 months. This course of 10 months i have been coincidentally seeing my ex's friends. Every 2to3 months i will bang into them, different people but all her friends. I will always smile and say hi and never mention my ex's name.

The most recent one incident, her friends drove to my home and park beside my car as i was standing infront of my car in shock.

Funny thing is i had many rs in the past but i had never once seen their friends post break up. But this last gf, her friends keep appearing in my life.

I felt that she is like a ghost haunting me. Whenever i see her friends, all the memories will be brought back up again. Its not really that painful but it definitely not a good feeling.

I still love her but i am also moving on with my life. The consistent encounter with her friends is making me hard not to forget what we had.

Does this happen to you people?

It's happened to me 3 times. I ran into 3 separate female friends of my ex's on 3 different occasions, all work related. The first time was absolutely devastating because the break up was fresh, and we talked about it. The 2nd time was more than a year later and I bumped into this woman unexpectedly, but I remained cool and gave nothing away. My ex's friend commented on how good I looked which was nice. The third time was just last Friday, when I ended up having to work with another female friend of my ex, whose home I had been to several times. I was hoping she wouldn't recognize me but of course she did. She was genuinely pleasant with me, and appreciated how well I did my job. She mentioned my ex once and I immediately changed the subject. I told her to say hello to her brother, who I also know and was strictly business from there on in.

My advice when you have run ins: act nonchalantly, do not discuss your ex, be strictly business, and deflect or shut down any conversation that involves your ex.

Give NOTHING away.

Same happened to me, at first it feels awkward and uncomfortable. Then, with time, you just see it as a simple coincidence.

Hi Hoosfoos,

So did those encounters bring back memories for you?

Do u still love your ex?

They did bring back memories for me. As I said before, the first incident was excruciatingly painful because it was so close to the break up. The 2nd time was a bit awkward and took me by surprise and wasn't as bad as I thought. Last Friday was a little awkward for me, the whole time I was thinking that I hoped she didn't tell my ex that she saw me.

I was very much in love with my ex when we were together, I still have strong feelings about the relationship, but these days I mostly think about what a rotten person she is (that's a whole other thread).

If you have run-ins with your ex's friends know that it eventually doesn't feel too awkward anymore. I have had no face-to-face with my ex since she left, and I hope I never do.

• Author

It happened again. Met my ex's friend while i was out on a date. As usual my emotions ran high.

Some times i asked God, is it a sign? The frequency of seeing this people is getting higher.

But i have no answer.

And i also do hope this friend do not tell my ex she saw me.

How do i react if i ever meet my ex on the streets??

DrReplyInRhymes
It happened again. Met my ex's friend while i was out on a date. As usual my emotions ran high.

Some times i asked God, is it a sign? The frequency of seeing this people is getting higher.

But i have no answer.

And i also do hope this friend do not tell my ex she saw me.

How do i react if i ever meet my ex on the streets??

She's your ex, who cares what she wants to think,

Move on, plenty of other women at which to wink.

• Like 1