Seeing a photo of her and her new guy...2 years later

Lansing

I was dating a girl a few years ago, things didn't even last very long but we had met through a social circle and had a lot of things in common so we kept in touch after. When she broke up with me, at the time, I was just frustrated because I felt like I had but in a lot of effort and she wasn't appreciating me and didn't have the patience to let things develop at a normal pace. So, the breakup itself wasn't very hard and I had a lot going on in my life at the time.

We kept in touch via email and ran into each other from time to time and even had gone out for drinks a few times. The last time we hung out I kind of thought again about the relationship and was thinking of maybe giving things another shot/hanging out more. Well, the other day I was curious about her and did something stupid and googled her name. I came across a social media account with a picture of her and this guy in an embrace. It made me really sick to my stomach. I mean, she looks really happy in the photo and I guess I should be happy for her but part of me feels like we never got real closure on things (yeah, even though 2 years later) and I maybe even missed out on reconciling things shortly after the breakup (she had apologized for a bunch of things but at the time I didn't want to get hurt again).

I think part of it is that I feel like personally I haven't progressed much in these last 2 years. I have been so busy with work that I haven't done things like get back in shape/etc that I thought I would have done by now. On the other hand she seems to have done a lot in the last 2 years.

So, my TLDR summary - even if you weren't terribly upset by a breakup probably best to move on completely and not try to keep someone in your life. If you were really upset then definitely don't try to find out info on them on social media!

• Like 2

I think you need to cut the last few emotional threads that still connect you to her.

And I would have, now love is over,

An end to all, a end:

I cannot, having been your lover,

Stoop to become your friend.

(A verse from "After Love," by Arthur Symons.)

Take care.

• Like 1