Good Read

freebird31

TheLoveBelow92
I found this article and thought it was a really good, self-fulfilling read. Thought I would share it on here!

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/getting-back-out-there/201506/when-the-person-you-love-doesnt-love-you

This is a very good article OP thanks for sharing. But this also makes me cringe quite a bit because since my breakup 10 months ago ive done all these things this article tells you not to do and have done so up until a couple months ago. Heartbreak can put you in one really dark and lonely place and makes you do all these silly immature things instead of keeping your head held high and keeping your self respect and I have huge respect for people who do not make these mistakes because if im being honest I was a human wrecking ball for months and months haha.

Its my ex's Birthday tomorrow and I was speaking to her recently first time in months with no shouting or anger just pure indifference from her part, That's the part that hit me the hardest... I feel like we have been playing games with emotions for months and months back and forth and its only now I know realised I was the only one playing games and I lost. (immaturity from my part I was flogging a dead horse)

But thanks for sharing freebird31 ;)

I was the only one playing games and I lost. (immaturity from my part I was flogging a dead horse)

I did this too. Wish I could have learned about NC before I lost a lot of dignity. Oh, well. Moving on, right?

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing that article! These statements really jumped out at me (bold emphasis mine):

"Let them go and hold on and hold out for someone who loves you for you. That person is out there. Mr. or Ms. Right will never question your value and will always love you unconditionally. A person who walks out or puts you on hold or wants you in “just friends” status is not that person. Anyone who has rejected you in any way, for any reason, is not for you.

"The person who is perfect for you wants you. The perfect person for you loves and appreciates you and the value you bring to a relationship. That is not a little thing. It’s a big thing and it’s a “must have.” If someone doesn’t love you, doesn’t want you and doesn’t appreciate your value, that is a fatal flaw and you need to reject the rejecter.."

I don't know why we put our rejecters so high up on a pedestal... but we do. It's an illusion. What we had with them wasn't an illusion. Our love for them wasn't an illusion. But our current regard for them is. The very fact that they rejected us just obliterated their value to us. But it's SO HARD to change that perception. Ghhaahhh.

• Like 2

You want someone who believes you are the be-all, end-all, not someone who finds you optional. You don’t want someone who doesn’t appreciate how great you are. You want someone with vision who will appreciate all that you are and all that you can be. You want someone who will love you and think you are the best thing ever. You don’t want to waste time with anyone who doesn’t see how great you are or has to be convinced of it.

• Like 1