Today SUCKS

amaysngrace

For the past six months I've been taking care of my mom from Sunday until Tuesday night when my sister would come down to relieve me and she would stay until Friday when my other sister would come through Sunday when I got there.

Today I don't have to pack my bag. I don't have to grocery shop for my house I leave or for hers where I headed. I don't have the responsibility that had me rushing around and leaving little free time to get things done at home because some weeks I'd be wiped out for a day or two once I got back to my house.

I don't have to do any of those things anymore but I gladly would if I could get to see her one more time.

:(

• Like 2

I'm sorry for your loss and that you are hurting. I'm also sorry I don't have any words to make you feel better. I'd just like to offer you a hug.

• Like 3

My condolences.:( I'm so sorry that you find yourself in this position. It's good that you were able to spend some time with her. Did you have a chance to say your final goodbyes?

• Like 2
  • Author
My condolences.:( I'm so sorry that you find yourself in this position. It's good that you were able to spend some time with her. Did you have a chance to say your final goodbyes?

Thank you. Yes. She actually went on my watch early Tuesday morning during the night so her last full day here was mine.

I made it nice for her I think. I turned her tv to a quiet music channel instead of loud ABC tv that had been filling her days, lit her bedroom windows with the Christmas candles that were in there still and called in my Monsignor to anoint her late Monday night.

I'd like to think she wanted me there on purpose over the others. But who knows?

I was her baby and in the end, she was mine.

• Like 9

Oh, I am so sorry, amaysngrace. I'm so glad that you had her last day with her and that you were so gentle with her. I'm sure she appreciated it.

• Like 4
LivingWaterPlease
Thank you. Yes. She actually went on my watch early Tuesday morning during the night so her last full day here was mine.

I made it nice for her I think. I turned her tv to a quiet music channel instead of loud ABC tv that had been filling her days, lit her bedroom windows with the Christmas candles that were in there still and called in my Monsignor to anoint her late Monday night.

I'd like to think she wanted me there on purpose over the others. But who knows?

I was her baby and in the end, she was mine.

This is a beautiful post, amaysngrace. It seems your mother reared three daughters well. What a wonderful life she had with you! I can imagine you'll share the love and faithfulness she instilled in your heart with many people in the years to come. May God draw you especially close to Himself at this time and forever after.

• Like 2
  • Author

Thank you everyone. xo

Yesterday was hard because Sunday was my day to head over there and take care of her but I know she's in a better place and that's what helps me.

First one's the tough one. I think next Sunday will be better.

• Like 2

I remember how weird it was when I didn't have to look after my grandmother anymore. It sucked on many levels. :mad: She was lucky to have you.

I'm sorry amay, condolences from both Timshel and I.

• Like 2
  • Author

I'm so depressed that I can't stand it. I drive and think I should call my mom because I haven't talked to her in a while.

Somebody told me that I can speak to her like I was speaking to them. Some kind woman told me that while I was shopping the day before her funeral and broke down buying shoes.

I have so much to do and just slump around day after day. I'm like a big baby. I had my parents for a very long time and should be grateful that I did but instead I'm just a lump.

I miss her so much.

You cry it out...and talk to her like she's there! Or write her letters.

I'm sorry for your loss, it really sucks and hurts to lose a parent. :(

Grieving takes a while so let yourself go through the stages of it and don't rush to get over it and please, NO more "shoulds". Do what you can do and the rest can wait or ask for help. Don't put more pressure on yourself and have stress added into your grieving.

Hugs Amay.

• Like 1