My story at 7 months post break up

TheLoveBelow92

TheLoveBelow92

I Havent been posting so frequently lately or visiting this site to much, but today I was so eager to post this as I felt i needed answers or just to share why. I am coming up to 7 months post break up soon although i dont keep track of time anymore for the simple reason there is no need to, because it doesn't help. But today i realized how much time has actually passed, thinking back over the time I spent with so much hardship and sleepless nights for something I had no control over, holding onto hope for so long. I got the news from a friend two weeks ago that she was in a relationship on facebook, it hurt and every time i hear her name, I feel weak and kind of sick for why i feel like that i dont know.

Today I paid the last bill from our old apartment, I guess the way im feeling is because it was the last piece of the past I had connected to her and that i didn't want to let go of subconsciously. Since getting back on my feet I moved back out on my own again still have my car on the road got a full time job the last few months and dropped from 25% to 16.5% body fat since the breakup. I have come along way and all for the better on paper but I wanted the happiness to be right there with it but it aint. The last few weeks I realized and felt that it was truly over and all that time I was constantly down and out was wasted. I stopped dating over a month ago because meeting people didnt help and felt it was slowing down recovery because it made me feel worse and fake.

Since I kind of feel like I forget how to talk to woman as in my confidence is gone and that they will see through me and see me kind of like a week person which makes me anxious. Im scared of the dating world as i feel theres no interest when im trying. All in all Im doing really good on paper but i dont feel free, i hope you get a good idea and share some advise :) thanks for reading

Rocci di Persia

I want you to know you're not alone. What happened was the news that she's in a new relationship two weeks ago set you back. It's also agonising because you're upset that she gets to be happy with someone while you are still trying to find someone. I'm right there with you. When my ex dumped me, he basically said he was thinking of leaving me for his ex but then when I actually found out he had moved back in with her, it set my progress back considerably. It's one thing to presume he would get back together with her or find someone else in your case, but quite another to have that confirmed. That last shred of hope is finally leaving you. It feels horrible but know that this is the sort of hard fact that should firmly cement your resolve to move forward and not look back. I'm trying to do the same and it's a struggle but you're strong. You've made it this far! You should be very proud of your 7 months NC.

• Like 1