How do I deal with this?

Bakezz

Hello everyone,

You might of seen my post about the girl I'm seeing and the fact that she's going travelling to Australia for potentially months. She goes on Friday and I think we've both agreed that we won't be together just to save us some hurt and make things less difficult. We've given it the old 'we'll see what happens when you get back" thing.

I don't know which way to look at the moment as its hurting so much, I know deep down that I'll be okay as I've been through a horrible break up before. The problem with this one is, there was nothing actually wrong with the relationship, apart from the fact we both held back a little bit with us both knowing she was going away. I think it genuinely is a case of right person wrong time. Apart from that, we've had an amazing time!

I'm slowly getting over the fact that she will probably be seeing other people out there, but my problem is right now I'm thinking that I do want to see her when she gets back, that can obviously change and probably will given that time is a great healer. But right now I'm struggling with how to cope and what to do and how to act.

Do I go complete NC or do I talk to her intermittently and set myself up for the old 'she's having a great time and I miss her so much'

I'm very good at not giving in to social media stalking or thinking to much about things, but that only seems to be the case when we've actually had an awful break and things won't work out. But at this very moment in time, I want it to work when she gets back, so I don't know how to act, if someone could enlighten me and help me, that would be amazing!

Just as an extra note, we have one more night together on Wednesday, then she goes on Friday!

Edit - I went NC on my previous break up and it was the best thing I ever did and helped so much, however it's proving more difficult in this situation considering there is no bad reason why we are breaking up.

Edited by Bakezz

If you've agreed to break up, just handle it as a break up.

If you've agreed to remain exclusive and handle it like a LDR, do that.

But you can't have a foot in both camps.

And if you break up, she is entitled to meet guys and live her life.

As are you.

If you should get together on her return, put that behind you, forget about it and start anew.

No point torturing yourself with her actions during her absence.

That's just a hang-up, and perhaps a little possessive/judgemental....?