Its all piling up

Thatmixedotaku

Thatmixedotaku

Ever had those times where everything seems to be getting messed up in your life? I was dumped, my exams and grades have been ROUGH, recently my room was broken into and my phone stolen , now i find out my ex(who dumped me) is moving into my student residence on MY FLOOR . I feel like life is just weighing down on me now, and seeing her smiling and laughing and loving life while ever since she dumped me I've been slogging through a torrent of obstacles, all made worse by the heartache . How does one even cope with all this? I honestly just want to stay in bed all day just hugging my pillow and crying ,or attempting to .

How do you cope with and move past it? You tell yourself that right now is rock bottom. You got dumped, your grades are falling (i can relate strongly to both), on top of all the other stuff. This is bad as it gets. The good news though - you can only go up from here, and you have a long, happy life ahead of you once you get through this.

I've had a series of ****ty things happen to me too - dumped, grades are terrible, struggling to cope with the loss. I know however that there is a better girl out there for me and I know my future will be bright if I stay strong now. I hope you do as well.

Cheers.

• Like 3

I have a cyst wedged in the back of my neck that is due for removal early next month, found out about it after my ex gave me the boot, I had been drained and very flu like since September so had a scan and that's what turned up, doctors have to tell you all the possibilities of what could possibly go wrong during the operation, loss of sight, taste, smells, hearing.. Death (lol) providing the last part isn't one of those complications, I think I'll have a fresh start once it's all over, it's been a pretty nerve wracking experience yet still not as hard or as nerve wracking as the prospect of living without my ex for the rest of my life, the saddest part though is that I truly believe whether I was with or without her, she wouldn't be there for me through it, still, sucks that it has to coincide with the break up.

• Like 1
I have a cyst wedged in the back of my neck that is due for removal early next month, found out about it after my ex gave me the boot, I had been drained and very flu like since September so had a scan and that's what turned up, doctors have to tell you all the possibilities of what could possibly go wrong during the operation, loss of sight, taste, smells, hearing.. Death (lol) providing the last part isn't one of those complications, I think I'll have a fresh start once it's all over, it's been a pretty nerve wracking experience yet still not as hard or as nerve wracking as the prospect of living without my ex for the rest of my life, the saddest part though is that I truly believe whether I was with or without her, she wouldn't be there for me through it, still, sucks that it has to coincide with the break up.

Wow, sorry to hear that friend. I wish you luck and be sure to let us know how it goes when you have it removed.

It just goes to show though that having a broken heart isn't the end of the world. I'm not trying to downplay the pain, I know how it hurts, but in the grand scheme of things it could be so much worse. There is so much suffering in the world - childeren looking for their next meal, people fighting for their lives against diseases that in all likelihood kill them, people being persecuted for their religionor culture- it could be so much worse. Thinking like that helps me sometimes, to put into perspective the real scope of what im going through compared to others.

• Like 1
  • Author
Thatmixedotaku

wow man...really sorry you have to go through all that . I really hope you get better .

Thanks for the support guys :) it'll be a bit of a long operation given it's location but on the bright side at least I'll get a nice long uninterrupted sleep ^^, providing there's no complications I'll be just fine, it was just bad timing I guess, one of many things life throws at you.

Still, the pain of heartache overrides most.