What NC has done for me.

Suruhx

It has been over 2 months since my ex boyfriend broke up with me, 2 months since he started a new relationship and 7 weeks since I ended contact with him.

I never thought I would ever drag myself out of the pain I felt. For weeks I went without eating, I slept all the time and I only left the house to go to work, to then come home and go to sleep again. I was a mess. I was heartbroken.

When I read on this website about No Contact and how it was the only way to successfully remove yourself from the broken relationship I never ever believed it. I never thought that I would make it out of the depression he left me in. But here I am, two months later and a hell of a lot better!

I just want everyone to know that it really does get easier. And although I still think about him every day, the power that NC has given me is that I don't let these thoughts, and these feelings, take over my life anymore.

I first started using no contact because I was convinced he would come back to me and if I showed him how I could be without him then he would want me to be his again. Now I have the strength to admit 'that relationship was toxic towards the end, no matter how much I loved him and no matter how much I still care for him I do not want him back. I do not want him in the future, as a partner or a friend'.

It is hard to stop checking social media to check up on your ex, but (somehow!) I have managed to not look at anything in the last 7 weeks. I have disappeared from his life, because if he didn't want me I wasn't sticking around!

I'm not saying that I am healed or that I am back to what I was before I got dumped, but I am saying that No Contact gives you the power to get your life back. For you.

The healing process is for US. The one piece of advice I would like to give everyone who is suffering in heartache is start with NC. Get yourself back on track. Start looking after yourself and the rest will take care of itself!

• Like 3

Congrats, on your healing, but in my opinion, 2 months is too short of a time to assess your recovery.

Give it another 4 months.

I was where you were and at 2 months, I started dating again, only for my subsequent endeavors to fail because I kept comparing my dates to my ex.

Lo and behold, I'm at 11 months and I still have my on and off days. It will only get better when you stop thinking about him and wondering where he is. Usually this would entail no longer posting on the LS breakup forums.

Best of luck to you.

JustAnotherLostLove

I think that's great, good for you. Two months is about the point where the fog begins to subside, ever so slightly. Far from full recovery in my opinion, but still.

Myself, I'm almost exactly 3 months post break up (dumped). We briefly communicate through text from time to time, and I did drop off some food I made for her. But I havent seen, or spoke to her since September 13th. I feel myself letting go, little by little, and it's hard, cause I don't want to. There was a time where she was seriously head over heals for me, and I loved her deeply as well. We were about to move out, and I was planning on proposing in July. But about 5 days prior to our split, I noticed her feelings change for me. Then BOOM, she's gone. And now she's doing incredible without me. She just got a job, and within weeks, promoted to Asst. Store Manager. Good for her. However, myself, I'm still shattered.

I apologize for ranting.