I thought I was over it... Am I?

rockmanmegaman

rockmanmegaman

I only came out last year. I came out to a guy I liked, and it turns out he's gay too. However, he wasn't into me. We remained friends. It was difficult for the first few months (I just came out and got rejected the same time) but eventually I moved on.

This year, we became pretty close in a friendship sort of way. We hanged out a lot, and I felt like I was completely over him. 2 weeks ago, he told me that he liked a certain guy, and I actually helped set them up. I was wishing him luck, and I was really excited that he and that guy might get together.

Then today when I hanged out with him and a bunch of friends, I saw the guy was with him. They were really happy together. I don't know why, but seeing them together made me want to cry for some reason. I don't know, I'm just really sad that he actually found someone... I feel bad,I should be happy for him and I am, but I just can't help but feeling sad in the same time. Then what hurts even more is when he came over to me, and wanted to speak to me in private. He said that the guy is his boyfriend. I smiled and congratulate him. Then he apologized to me, and said Are you okay with that? I told him yeah, I set you guys up remember?

I don't know why I'm feeling this... I was positively sure I was over him. I mean even help set them up, so why am I so surprised, shock and upset that they actually ended up together?

Do you think it could have more to do with wanting to be with someone rather than him specifically? Sxxx

• Author
rockmanmegaman
Do you think it could have more to do with wanting to be with someone rather than him specifically? Sxxx

I don't know... Maybe... Probably. I mean don't want to be with him, so maybe it's that.