Betrayal and Deceit...

BeautifulOne

BeautifulOne

Really in need of someone to talk to. I feel so bad right now after finding out i've been being lied to for the past 6 months by the guy i had been dating. Things started out good but the past month or so didn't feel right. He is an otr trucker so he's gone a lot. We've gone out of town a few times, dated, etc. i had bought us tickets to a show last month & he said he could go. I gave him s months notice. Well he cancelled and said he had to work but turns out he was with another woman & her family. I confronted him and at first he denied even knowing the woman until i told him there were pics on facebook posted on the same day of the show we were supposed to be at. I'm not on facebook but i know his brother is so i set up a fake profile just to browse his brothers page. I looked at his friends list and saw the womans page and she had several pics of herself with the guy i was dating so it looks like they've been together for sometime at least since last year and on our very first date he said he'd been single a year...LIE! I also think he's engaged to her. I asked about that and he said there was an engagement but not anymore. Said i was jumping to conclusions and its not what i think. Said he was sorry & should've told me he was going to her family thing. Made seem as if she's just a friend. Said he was beating himself up about this and felt he needed help and to talk to someone. Sorry but i also felt this was bull also and that he was only sorry i cauggt him. He lied about his whereabouts! But why do i feel so bad as if i was wrong!?? His entire demeanor changed after that. I haven't heard from him in weeks now. I also found out he had an online dating profile. I can see he hasn't been on that in weeks now either. So i guess shouldn't feel this way but why do i feel like she's the lucky one? Like he's now going to be this better person for her since he stopped talking to me and hasn't been online? My friends think I'm ridiculous for thinking this way but am i?

Being lied to is the worst. I know its hard.

But you know who he is now. You dodged a bullet. You only feel like she is the lucky one because you are alone now. It's ok to be alone.

Work on yourself and rest easy now that you know the truth.

All the best.