Closure - My story finally ends

Yummm

Hi all..

4.5 months post breakup and I am doing extremely well. Well folks, I believe that today, my closure has finally come. Whether or not it's directly from my ex's actions or from within I don't know, but I feel like I have closure today.

I saw her walking with her ex today. Whether or not they are together who knows and who cares - the point is that something clicked and I found closure.

I was blindsided, and although many say 'you were probably missing signs', I never had any. Things were perfect until a week before I got dumped, I never mistreated her and only showed the the utmost respect and showered her with love. I got hospitalized for 2 weeks and although she was there for me, it was apparently too much to deal with.

She used to complain about her ex, saying how he mistreated her, how she never saw a future with him long term as he didn't want kids and she did.

Well girl, I feel bad for you. You left a diamond for someone who mistreated you, who never gave you enough care and attention in the 2 years you together that I gave you in the short months we knew each other.

I guess people go back to what's comfortable? Unresolved issues perhaps? Who knows, who cares.

Obviously a little overthinking on my part this morning, understandably. But no feelings of anger or resentment. I can continue my healing process with my head held high.

Thank you all xox:love:

Some hugs and positivity welcome :)

• Like 6

Iv been following you a long time Yummm and you have grown so much. You have really inspired me, the way you hold your head up high and always move forward with such positivity and mindfulness. You are strong as hell. The fact that you have no feelings of resentment despite what you saw just shows how far you have come and the strength of your character. I think this is what you needed to have that closure and realise that how good you are. You deserve so much better and have so much to give and you definately know it. You are a diamond and she couldn't see it, any woman would be lucky as hell to have some one like you. You are well on your way to healing and keep going brother, if anyone is gona make it through this it's you.

I'm sitting at 5.5months post BU. I still hurt everyday, not gona lie i still struggle but i'm getting there. Your posts just give me motivation and make me believe i'm gona be okay. I hope that one day i can get to the stage where you are at and no longer harbour bad feelings. I hope to show strength just as you have.

Hugs and positivity your way!

• Like 1

I’m very happy you are doing so well, and your post makes me hopeful that all us others suffering for now, will also see light at the end of the tunnel.

I’ll keep this from your post for me, “that he left a diamond” (or at least someone that cared beyond words), so that he could find a trashy 19yr old because that sounded more fun or GIGS, whatever.

I also hope that one day i can get to the stage where you are. I don’t have bad feelings for him, I have bad feelings for me, because what I felt for him was genuine, and my feelings seem to be such a waste.

I hope to get through, and that something will change in me one day.

I wish you the very best for the future!

• Like 1
  • Author

Really appreciate the words of support guys, means alot.

I'm content with being single as it stands, I just really really miss the connection yaknow, the happy moments, haven't felt elated like that in a while. Career going well, fitness, friends & family, yet I still have a feeling of emptiness somewhere.

After digesting what I saw earlier today, the 'positivity high' has wore off. I'm not feeling so bad, I'm getting on, it's drained my energy a little but the closure was something I really needed.

Once again thanks so much and I'm glad I can be help to others who are suffering, I know what it's like to be in the early stages of a breakup and it really does suck.

Still in need for some love and hugs guys :love::love:

Firstheartbreaksux

Keep going yumm. You've followed my story, and have always given me kind words. I don't understand why some females do this. I recently met someone who was mistreated for 5 years. She was cheated on, beat on, and degraded. I felt like I was in a place to help her BC of yours and others here words. We talked for days about everything I've learned from plenty of people that have lost the person they thought was "the one". Sure enough she's back with him now. I also suspect my ex is back with her ex, but Its not important to me to know or not.

Its a weird feeling, when someone you were good to, returns to so someone who wasn't.

There is someone who will appreciate what we have to offer. There is someone out there who we can put into practice all the lessons that came out of this experience. You're a good person, and have become and even better one. We see it, and the girl that deserves it will too, until then let's enjoy the single life !