Seriously hurting today

purpledooze

I just found out that my ex took his other ex to Bali and bought her a surfboard for her birthday. Things he said he would do for me when we were together. I guess they're back together.

I found out through a mutual friend who commented on her Facebook page. The post was set to public. I didn't ask to see it, it just showed up on my newsfeed somehow.

He forgot my birthday. Didn't greet or acknowledge it. I feel so invisible. My entire body hurts right now and I can't breathe. I'm crying hysterically. Suffering in silence hurts. But I know I can't talk to him about how I feel. I have to pretend I'm okay. But I'm not.

I find little comfort in the fact that he didn't Like or Comment on the post. Maybe he didn't want me to see it to protect my feelings. God, it hurts.

I'm so sorry you're hurting. I feel your pain. It sucks! You deserve to be happy and I hope that someday this pain will lessen for you so that you can be happy. I know people keep saying it will get easier. I believe that it does and it will. It's just gonna take some time because the pain and hurt is so fresh. I'm still feeling the pain after several months, it's not as intense as it was, but still very difficult. I just have to keep believing that it will get better.

Please take care of yourself. You are in my thoughts.

• Author

After I saw the post a couple of times, it suddenly disappeared from my news feed. I don't understand. Is she rubbing it in my face? He didn't like or comment on the photo. :(