Is it normal to be angry because the ex is happy?

Altra

My ex and I broke up because he "fell in love" with someone else. Within a week after moving out of my house, he'd already moved in with his new girlfriend.

Lately I've been feeling so very angry. Because he moved on so fast. Because he didn't hurt the way I did/am still hurting. I feel like the last three years meant nothing to him. How can he forget about our life we shared together in the blink of an eye? It makes me feel worthless. Unlovable. I truly loved him. But how could he have possibly loved me if he was able to move on so fast?

I'm angry because he's happy and I'm so sad. Can anyone else relate? What do you suggest I do? I hate feeling so bitter. Ugh.

• Like 3

This reminds me of my exes situation after she ended a 6 year relationship, her way of coping was moving on instantly within a day or 2 of breaking up with him, she stuck it out for around 2-3 months, in the end she made a terrible mistake, cause he mistreated her in every way imaginable, I loved her back then and she hurt me deeply through her actions as well, so what she was left with in the end was 3 people all hurt and scar'd by what she did, she didn't even recognise who she was back then, she was on autopilot, Not saying your ex is in the same boat but people do stupid stuff rather than turn to face their feelings sometimes, I'm sure it'll catch up with him eventually and he'll be the one suffering then.

• Like 1

No worries on this one.

Let yourself feel angry. Seethe in it even. Eventually you'll come to a point when your ready to leg go and begin healing. It's not a race though!

• Like 1

Altra -

Your feelings of anger and bitterness toward your ex are normal.

3 years together is a good chunk of your life.

Feel better knowing that it was only 3 years and not longer.

You'll get over him. It just takes time.

Distract yourself with friends and hobbies. That always helps.

• Like 2

Yes, it's normal.

What's even better though, is becoming happy yourself. Takes time. Baby steps. It IS possible.

• Like 1