The day will come when you forget them. Have faith.

HBK3317

Hey LoveShackians!

Its been around two months since I last posted but I had to come here and make this one last post about my breakup.

I am writing this for all of my fellow LoveShackians who are stuck in the midst of a breakup and can't seem to see any end to their misfortunes. Trust me guys, I was the same. You can see my previous posts and witness the amount I was broken by my breakup. I was lost, had no support, had no answers for how to get over this, had no hope of ever being the guy I once was, I started feeling I had nothing to live for. She was the centre of my universe and I revolved around her and when she left, my relationship became like a black hole sucking my life out of me.

After 11 months of pure agony and defeat, crying and moaning and b**ching and crying and moaning and b**ching, the day has finally come. I am proud to tell all of you that I am finally over her physically, mentally and emotionally and its very liberating to feel this way after such a long time.

I have no lingering thoughts, no guilt, no hopeful feelings, no dreams, no regrets, no pain in my chest even if she accidentally crosses my mind, chances of which are next to zero. I am fully and completely free.

Now many of you, just like me, want to get this over with as soon as possible because of the hurt and the effect of the situation on our lives, but trust me when I tell you this, there is no factor in healing your heart other than time. There is no solution other than Time. Time is the only one thing which will help you climb out of that oh-so-dark bottomless pit in which you fall, your life spiraling out of your control.

So what you need to do is utilize your time by doing whatever it is you like to do. Pay attention to your work, studies, school, college, hobbies, family, kids, pets, friends, whatever that makes you feel a bit happy. I know nothing seems worth it without them but you had a life before them and you are an individual with your own passions, interest and hobbies yeah? Indulge in them and let time flow by and work it's magic on you.

I have firsthand experience of knowing that all you feel like doing is sit around moping, thinking about what went wrong over and over and over again and still arriving at no conclusions, no definite answers to the questions hovering in your mind. Nothing makes you happy and nothing helps keeping your mind away from the thoughts of your ex. Well the reality and the fact of the matter is nothing will make you happy and nothing will help you keep your mind off of them, no matter what you do, unless you have a very strong control on your mind which is not the case for many of us. So you will have to man up, and go through all of this as there's no other alternative. You will have to face all the stages of denial, depression, anger, anxiety and regret and not necessarily in that order, with many stages overlapping and recurring. That's the music you will have to face. There are no shortcuts and yes its very painful and tiring. You will have to do your time and it's different for everyone. Some may take days, some months and some even more than a year. It is what it is and nothing can be done about it. I am really sorry it has to be this way.

But one thing which helps a lot in these dark times is to talk about it either with someone who is close to you and is willing to listen to you or through posting here on LoveShack. Keep posting about what you feel and get other's views and insights. There are so many people here who have gone through the same situation or even had it worse. It helps you to put your's into perspective and gives you a better understanding of your break up, why it happened and what should you do next.

Now this is becoming too long so I will wind by saying have faith and keep trust in god, if you believe in him, and in yourself. Rest assured time will pass and one day suddenly you will realize you are finally free of those shackles.

Thank You all for your support when I most needed it. God Bless and have a nice life.

H.B.K

This is a good place to start --> http://breakuprecoveryguide.com

Edited by HBK3317
  • Like 6
  • Author

Don't you worry too much my man. You will reach there in due time. Just remember Time is the key to all of our problems :)

Starbright78

Thanks for the kind words. Time does help, I'm almost 2 months out and the 'pain' is starting to be a little less everyday. I still think about him plenty but I know one day it will be a bleep on my radar. :)