is it all lost?

Van Norden

Okay, for those who haven't read my other threads I will try to make a quick summary. Long story short: 'I love you but not in love with you' ending a short-lived relationship of 6-7 months. Left me so utterly devastated that after almost 9 months I have abandoned hopes of moving on, maybe since she was my first. This is just another thread not to lose hope at all and hear rewarding stories about patience and time fixing things, since nor even sex with a supposedly hotter woman has done that for me. I'm still clinging to the idea of her suffering GIGS but there are also some disheartening details that put me in the hopeless mood. I mean, she is young (26), naive, actually with a short history of dating, she actually uttered incoherent things like not believing in relationships/maybe finding out someone to be in love with and then dispatching me..., but we also had a great time together, great laughs, great sex (how many times did she recognize I turned her on like no one did)... and I want to think that timing was just not right (after another relationship, with such little history with the opposite gender) and whatnot.

She also said I was ideal, even after the BU, that I had no flaws and she didn't know why wouldn't it work. That maybe in the future, and when I told her not to contact me again before that timing wa right she said that she was afraid then I wouldn't want her back.

Pros: short relationship with no real struggles nor bad memories, classic GIGS symptoms, me working to a better self both physically and mentally, REAL attraction for both parts.

Cons: Beta mindset right before the BU (some I love you's at wrong moments exuding neediness), short lived relationship with not a real implication, time with no contact which speaks volumes.

Mental and emotional health has two foundations:

1. The acceptance of reality as it actually is, even if you hate it.

2. Successful adaptation to that reality.

She's gone, and will never come back.

You have to make a life thats worth living, even though she plays no part in it.

Take care.