my coping thread

TheMixtape

She's with someone else now, and it hurts so much. It's been almost a year since our break up, but I still feel heartbroken. I have often felt like calling her, or emailing her but I can't because it would achieve nothing. Not a thing. She would listen to me for a minute, then go about her daily life while I spend the next however long being heartbroken/confused/sad/angry and whatever else.

I have to stop myself from emailing her a hundred times a day. I don't even have anything to say. I just want to speak to her before she forgets me.

I often wonder to myself, "when is this going to go away?" but I live in hope that one day it will. So I've made this thread to help me get these thoughts out of my head. And to try and work harder in moving on.

Edited by TheMixtape
  • Like 1
Smitten and Bitten

It's the worst when they're with someone, and it's not you. I'm just getting over someone, and it's been a little over a year. It might have taken me less time if I hadn't pretended I wasn't hurt when we broke up. It still gets me that her current boyfriend is a lot like me in a lot of ways, except he's more successful. And taller. Ouch.

I gotta ask: When was the last time you and her communicated? Do you still?

• Author
It's the worst when they're with someone, and it's not you. I'm just getting over someone, and it's been a little over a year. It might have taken me less time if I hadn't pretended I wasn't hurt when we broke up. It still gets me that her current boyfriend is a lot like me in a lot of ways, except he's more successful. And taller. Ouch.

I gotta ask: When was the last time you and her communicated? Do you still?

How long were you and your ex girlfriend together? That is the worst, when they're 'better' than you in some way. My exes new guy has a better job than I do, works out (even though she always maintained that she didn't like guys with perfect bodies).

We last spoke about a month ago. We had a couple phone calls and the chemistry was still very much there. She told me that if she wasn't with him, she'd come back to me but she doesn't want to hurt him because he's been so good to her. That we couldn't meet up because there'd be too much 'sexual tension' and she didn't want to do that to him. We haven't spoken since that.

She can't contact me anyway, I got a new number after the break up and a new email. But sometimes I feel like "to hell with it" and just to message her off my phone. Idk. I'm getting real tired of this.

Smitten and Bitten

We were only together for six months, but it was by far the best six months I spent with anyone. Yeah, it gets tiring, especially when they plant little seeds of hope that you might get them back. Working out helps, you should try it; Not to impress her but because it really does make you feel better about yourself.

When you broke up, were the reasons clear? Was it a mutual thing or was there a dumper/dumpee?

• Author
We were only together for six months, but it was by far the best six months I spent with anyone. Yeah, it gets tiring, especially when they plant little seeds of hope that you might get them back. Working out helps, you should try it; Not to impress her but because it really does make you feel better about yourself.

When you broke up, were the reasons clear? Was it a mutual thing or was there a dumper/dumpee?

I get that. Not that long, but still you developed a good connection etc. Why did you break up?

It does get tiring, always hoping that if you say this or do that you might get back together.

She broke up with me. We lived together, and she just left one day. Said she wasn't happy anymore. I'll definitely start working out, anyway.

Smitten and Bitten
I get that. Not that long, but still you developed a good connection etc. Why did you break up?

It does get tiring, always hoping that if you say this or do that you might get back together.

She broke up with me. We lived together, and she just left one day. Said she wasn't happy anymore. I'll definitely start working out, anyway.

We broke up because she stood me up twice and I said I wasn't putting up with it. She wouldn't admit she was wrong and it just sort of ended.

Ok, she broke up with you but she's saying she wouldn't leave her current boyfriend because "it would hurt him and he's so good to her"? You were even living together and she just left. Does she think she didn't hurt you? Was that being good to you? I'm not trying to be insulting I'm just a little pissed on your behalf. It sounds like she might be trying to set you up as a Plan B. Nobody should ever settle for being a Plan B.

• Author
We broke up because she stood me up twice and I said I wasn't putting up with it. She wouldn't admit she was wrong and it just sort of ended.

Ok, she broke up with you but she's saying she wouldn't leave her current boyfriend because "it would hurt him and he's so good to her"? You were even living together and she just left. Does she think she didn't hurt you? Was that being good to you? I'm not trying to be insulting I'm just a little pissed on your behalf. It sounds like she might be trying to set you up as a Plan B. Nobody should ever settle for being a Plan B.

Well, I'm a firm believer in creating boundaries for yourself so I think if you weren't happy with being stood up, then that's fair enough - although I guess you probably didn't really want it to end.

I think she IS using me a back up. When we were talking, she was angry that I'd slept with other girls and said "I'm so angry at you for doing that". Weird.

Also, since I've made this thread, and this is so weird, she favourited something on mine on Twitter. She isn't following me and made a MASSIVE deal out of me 'stalking' her on her accounts when we broke up. Also, soon after she favourited, she deleted her whole Twitter account....the account she uses mainly for work and has had for years? I find the whole thing odd. We have had no contact for months, and she just keeps cropping up.

• Like 1
Smitten and Bitten
Well, I'm a firm believer in creating boundaries for yourself so I think if you weren't happy with being stood up, then that's fair enough - although I guess you probably didn't really want it to end.

I think she IS using me a back up. When we were talking, she was angry that I'd slept with other girls and said "I'm so angry at you for doing that". Weird.

Also, since I've made this thread, and this is so weird, she favourited something on mine on Twitter. She isn't following me and made a MASSIVE deal out of me 'stalking' her on her accounts when we broke up. Also, soon after she favourited, she deleted her whole Twitter account....the account she uses mainly for work and has had for years? I find the whole thing odd. We have had no contact for months, and she just keeps cropping up.

Yeah, that is weird alright. She dumped you. Even if you dumped her it's your right to sleep with whoever you want. So it's doubly weird. Take my word for it, stay away from "weird" women: It never ends well. It's tough to do but when and if you communicate with her just try to see her as she is. Try not to see her through the lens of your memory. It's been a year and you're a different person now, despite missing her all that time. You might be surprised at what you see.