How do you cope?

JimmyJones89

JimmyJones89

Hi,

My GF broke up with me 10days ago now. Have had no contact since! I feel awful, i can't stop thinking about her. The thought of her moving on and being with someone else makes me feel sick. Whenever I'm alone i just want to burst out into tears.

The last week i have been on POF/Tinder and have been talking to a few girls but my ex is always in the back of my mind. I just think I'm ever going to find anyone. How long is this stage supposed to last?

I just want to speak to my ex and see what she's upto but i know its a bad idea. Advice please....

Unlucky_I_Guess
Hi,

My GF broke up with me 10days ago now. Have had no contact since! I feel awful, i can't stop thinking about her. The thought of her moving on and being with someone else makes me feel sick. Whenever I'm alone i just want to burst out into tears.

The last week i have been on POF/Tinder and have been talking to a few girls but my ex is always in the back of my mind. I just think I'm ever going to find anyone. How long is this stage supposed to last?

I just want to speak to my ex and see what she's upto but i know its a bad idea. Advice please....

I feel ya, brother. Bear in mind that at 10 days everything you're feeling is natural. It does get better, but it takes time. I'm at 4 months and I still have my down moments. What helps get me through is I realized that they were only temporary, and I'll feel better soon. I've done the POF thing as well and I just don't feel it right now.

How long were you and your ex together?

Really all about keeping busy, it's by far the best thing for me anyway... even if its just doing jobs in the house or garden you've avoided. When you're focussed on something else, helps you move past the hurt more quickly. Make sure you get outside too with friends, go the flicks, have a drink.

It still stings like a muthafooker... but ya can do it, I'm almost three weeks out in allegedly the loneliest period, it's tough man but I know I'm doing great and on the path to becoming the best version of me (freely admit I wasn't and that's the reason for the breakup).

POF encounters are cold and the reason usually is you haven't come across anyone who ticked the boxes the ex did, when you do you won't care.

My previous ex came back after three months, I'd already moved on and I can assure you I felt just as bad then after 3 weeks as I do now, so I know there's a way forward and upward :)

• Like 1
  • Author
JimmyJones89

Thanks for the advice. I have got a few things I should be getting on with to be honest. It's just so hard, everything reminds me of her. I just deleted her from Facebook. I don't think she'll ever talk me again, that's the hardest thing. She was my friend!

That's the hard part, when we remember them as friends. Friends don't walk away. So they were something else...but not friends.

See I don't know about the whole friends thing , she used to call me her best friend but I don't know how you can just walk away from a "best friend" and someone you "loved " for 3 years .. So I think it's just something we say when we are dating "oh your my best friend" beacuE I "love" you .. It's all bull$hit nothing last forever remember hat it ends one way or the other

Edited by Ariess10
  • Like 2
  • Author
JimmyJones89

This is really the worst feeling ever! The thought of never seeing or speaking to her again. I'm usually a fairly tough person but this has brought me to my knees!

She has some of my clothes, headphones and a hard drive. Do I ask for them back? Do I just assume they are lost and continue no contact?

Give yourself some time! Those things won't evaporate.

Spend a little time in no contact and gather yourself. No human should have power over us.

Im sorry you're suffering.

• Like 2

"Love" or dating sucks , no way around it , it's the worst feeling in he world when it's over and there isn't anything you can do about it but ride it out .. It maybe take months or years who knows .. I for one Am done with the whole dating thing , beacuse anyway you look at it , it ends .. Gotta keep your distance and save yourself from hurt , wish I would have done this

• Like 1
Light Breeze

You'll feel better in time.. You're still in crisis mode, it will pass just bear with it. It's ok to grieve, but don't do it to a point where it bcomes detrimental to you. Keep busy, explore new hobbies, and gather your support system. Ride out the wave and you'll come out stronger.

P.S. I don't know how valuable those stuff you left at her place, but it was me I'll just let go and start my healing. Good luck brother.

• Like 2

That's what I did , I left a few things I wish I didn't but it was worth more to heal then that stuff .. Even tho 3 months later she asked me for some stuff back .. Oppppss sorry it want to the rescue mission

If you can try and go the gym, I go the gym on a daily basis just to get out the house to focus on myself, makes you forget about it for an hour or two depending on how long you stay there for. I used to read about all these people saying going the gym as a solution to getting over it and I was like "lol nope, what good is that going to do?" but it actually does help from experience.