Being held back

Clueless96

Hi LS Members,

A little background about my story:

I'm a 19 year old guy, i've been in love with the same girl since i was a 6 year old child, a girl whom i sat next to for the most part of primary school.During my HS years, we've grown really close and i tried to always be there for her.

6 Months ago , i confessed my feelings towards her and it turned out she has been in love with me for a long time as well.i broke up with her a month ago because i had some problems with some of her narcissistic traits and immaturity, i tried keeping up as much as i could've but it got really stressful.

I've been healing, we hadn't talked for 2 weeks ( because she hurt me really bad by admitting that she manipulated me a lot when we were a couple, this has helped me heal as i really couldn't love her after that ) .

There remains a problem, if i was told to describe what the perfect woman looks like physically , i'd describe her, her exact face, her eyes , every single thing on her face, why is this happening? literally everyone of my friends think she is ugly, so the problem lies within me.

i feel like this is holding me back from moving on as i cannot enjoy the beauty of another woman at all.

----------------

My second problem is that a week after we broke up , she got back with her previous ex whom she broke up with last summer ( when we first became a couple and asked her about him ,she admitted she never loved the guy ) , but now i see her everyday happy with him like she has nothing on her mind at all, while for me i'm miserable because i have her on my mind, i felt like i was an insect. Now i'm not interested in getting back with her , not at all , but this has gotten me in pain. The happiness she has makes me feel like she is wearing a crown, like she is superior because she is that happy.Can i please get some input on how should i deal with this?

Thank you for your time!

Edited by Clueless96

As you get older , you realize looks aren't where it's at .. There is sooooo much more then just looks .. Tell you he truth I would rather have a 2 if she treated me well and was honest and all that good stuff over a 10 any day .. The personality is where it's at my friend .. Ever hear that song " if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, make a ugly woman your wife"

• Author
As you get older , you realize looks aren't where it's at .. There is sooooo much more then just looks .. Tell you he truth I would rather have a 2 if she treated me well and was honest and all that good stuff over a 10 any day .. The personality is where it's at my friend .. Ever hear that song " if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, make a ugly woman your wife"

Thank you for your reply and for your time, indeed looks aren't all, but it is really bad that i can't enjoy the beauty or see the uniqueness of any other woman because of this, i think it'll be unfair for any woman who will be my partner in the future.

Actually, reading my posts makes me think that what i'm saying does not make any sense at all.

Edited by Clueless96
  • Like 1
  • Author
Trust me your young it will fade in time and you'll start to find other women attractive

I hope so, Thank you !