Fear

Amas5750

Does anyone else panic when they think they may not find a good partner in the future.

When I think about it I sometimes struggle to catch my breath and cry.

There's so much crying and fear around this

Can Antone relate? What does it mean?

I'm rational enough to see that it's SOo not healthy and that im not in a space to date at all yet.

Please help me with advice. I cry multiple times per day and want a little family so bad it physically pains me.

TaraMaiden2

Are you in counselling?

I think, sad as it may be, you would be a good candidate.

If this is consuming you to the point of despair - you seriously need professional help.

I think we all grapple with a fear of ending up old and alone. But you shouldn't let those thoughts overwhelm you to the point of panic attacks. You should get out there and meet some new people. Join some Meetup.com groups, find some new activities. Don't isolate yourself.

Is there anyone close you might confide in about your anxiety and fears?

pidgeon1010

You are not alone. I moved to a new state and it took me 3 YEARS (not exaggerating) to meet my ex. I am an introvert so that doesn't help either. I did the match thing on/off for a year and half and never met anyone worthwhile so I gave up. What happened? I met my ex at a professional networking event. I work ridiculously long hours (leaving work at 8p is a luxury) and sometimes, I feel like I am going to end up single and alone (at least I will have my career and financial stability ha lol). But I have hope that Mr. Right for me is out there somewhere :).

RogerWallace111

Dont worry, it'll happen. The hard part is that when you when you find yourself coveting that the most is typically when youre least fit to find it.

Just know that in reality, with time, people with normal social skills find opportunites to have marriages and families. Thats easy. The tough bit is finding someone with whom it can really last in a fulfilling way. Whom you are passionately in love with and also "compatible" enough with.

Does anyone else panic when they think they may not find a good partner in the future.

This happens more than it doesn't. I'm in the later stages of my life and uit hasn't happened yet. Don't see any reason why that would change.

Dont worry, it'll happen.

Actually there's a very good chance it won't happen.

The tough bit is finding someone with whom it can really last in a fulfilling way. Whom you are passionately in love with and also "compatible" enough with.

That's the easy part. Finding someone who feels the same way about you is pretty much impossible.