Feeling so lost

Amas5750

Does anyone feel lost and lonely? I lost all vision of the future after the divorce/break up. Why can't I see my future as a single person? I can't see anything. Maybe I just have to make it up as I go? I feel so future-less, I feel like I'm floating in space.

I'm so lost. I look around at people on the street and I feel like they are not lonely but I'm lonely. I don't really know where solid ground is since my divorce.

I know you have to put one foot infront of the other but in what direction?

I'm doing most of the right things: regular eating, activity, being functional at work, seeing friends. I'm keeping constant what i can keep constant.

I'm so lost still. It's been 5 months since my divorce then I had a rebound 2 month relationship that was very intense.

Maybe time will help me get some direction or momentum?

Maybe you must feel this lost to really learn about yourself and it cracks you so you can evolve? I don't know.

Can anyone relate to feeling super lost. Like, used to have vision and drive now just floating/coping?

loveiswar101

Hey, I feel lost all the time but as time goes on you get a bit of direction.

Best solution I can offer is goals, set goals.

Not always what you can achieve but what you would like to do. New language, maybe a musical instrument, new sport or maybe new hobby.

With these in place you have a future with something to look forward to.

As for floating and coping I was there after my divorce, hate to say but 5 months is not that long. I was married nearly 10 years took longer and 5 months for me to move on. Not trying to sound morbid but damn I messed up because I ddn't take control of my life and let myself fall in a hole.

YOUR NOT GOING TO LET THAT HAPPEN THOUGH.

Make plans short and long term, goals etc move on slowly and you will arrive at a better place one day not knowing. Best Wishes.

Stay in the present moment.

The present moment is all any of us have.

It's the only place where we can act and influence events.

Excessive focusing on the past or future keeps us out of the present moment.

Make the present moment as happy as possible and the future will take care of itself.

• Like 1
loveweary11

Agree with Satu, but also have some personal input.

I believe I was lost for a good 18 months post divorce.

It's a strange feeling to have what you thought was your life path completely taken from you.

After some time, it will come around, as a new, independent life path begins to take shape. I know that's hard to believe from where you are at this moment, but it will change.