Can I Make Any Progress? Your thoughts

Tommy1986

Hi guys. I just wanted to say thank you first of all for taking the time to read this. Just over two months ago a girl I work with and was going out with for a year/year and a half dumped me saying that I had a halo and she had a sketchy past saying there was someone out there better for me. She's probably right because we didn't click sexually despite a lot of work on it and we were fundamentally different people. But she was my best friend and I thought I loved her but I understand that it was more likely strong feelings of friendship mixed with infatuation for her. The break up has been hard for me because I am mourning the loss of my relationship and my best friend.

She said she would never want to hurt me and loved me so much but she has now started to see another guy that we both work with... At this time it's important to mention that we all work in the same room. If noticed them getting closer and closer and I have instinct but I know they are finally together now thanks to Facebook. I am extremely hurt that the person who said they love me is doing the one thing that would make it incredibly awkward for me everyday in work and painful despite her wishes of 'never wanting to hurt me'. I'm anxious, sad and angry every day at this situation and finding it all too much to deal with. I've started counselling sessions to overcome it but it's early days. I'm scared that being in the same room as them every weekday is going to prohibit me from moving on and going through the grief process. It's just in my face all the time. I am now entering the third week of no contact with her but I still have to share the same room with them everyday. I'd like to get a new job and move on but I don't want to make such a huge life change with a hazy head on my shoulders.

I'm hoping you might be able to give me your thoughts on this, am I over reacting? Will continuing to work with them both inhibit my grieving process? Will I get through this? Will i be consumed with jealousy and anger and lash out?? I'm just so confused right now and could really use some advice if you have any.

Tom.

La.Primavera

If you can find another suitable job I think you should take it. Get as far away from this mess as possible. I think it is the right thing for you to do.

I'm sorry you are going through this. It must be very difficult.

• Like 2