I can't get over my ex for the life of me

cookiemonster26

cookiemonster26

Recently I have been seeing tons of pictures of my ex pop up on facebook through tagged photos of mutual friends (I blocked him). Long story short, we broke up 4 years ago because he started calling me fat and one time called me a fat worthless bitch and I never felt the same after that. Why after all this time do I still feel so much regret for breaking up with him? Sometimes I feel like if in stayed with him we would be engaged by now and I would be happy instead of dating all the losers I have dated. Any tips on how to get over him?? Also to note, I keep myself busy with many activities and try to work on myself but its not helping

It's easy to remember the good parts of old relationships. We can vizualize being happy if only we had that person again. We would do things right... But it's a load of ****. And you know it.

4 years is enough time spent pining over a verbally abusive ex.

If you base your happiness off of who you daiting then happiness is a difficult state to achieve. Try not worrying so much about it. If you enjoy who you are then others will be attracted to you. If you are unhappy or insecure people can sense that as well...

Don't mean to sound harsh but if your going to get out of your rut you need to change your state of mind.

best of luck

• Like 1

Agree, it's a state of mind, and one needs to concentrate on the better things in life to look forward to.

If you see him on Facebook, get out of there... don't go back until you're healed. You don't need to be reminded. Obviously, have no contact if you can do it.

Continue to date... just one date at a time, go slow and perhaps you'll meet someone special. If not, just enjoy the time. Hang with good friends, keep busy but focus on your goods and totally forget him.

Four years is WAY too long.

Best of luck.