What is wrong with me :(

solong123

solong123

Almost 8 months since the breakup and I find myself sometimes feeling worse than when it first happened..maybe I just feel lonely I dont know. Unfortunately a few days ago I could not stop myself from expressing my feelings to my ex with hopes he felt the same..silly me. He just felt bad for me then told me it wasnt going to work sorry and I knew this..obviously went right to NC since that and wont break it again. Im tired of getting upset and thinking of him and wishing I could go back and do things different but I cant. I just hate how I will be so fine then it just hits me out of nowhere and I get this overwhelming sense of sadness. Clearly I realize I shouldnt have contacted him and expressed myself And I feel like a fool now.

There's no point giving yourself a hard time about it.

You're far from being the only one to make that mistake.

Just go back to NC and get on with your healing.

If you haven't done so, do some writing about how you feel.

It can be very helpful.

All the best,

Satu.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way :(

Just give yourself little NC goals. Do it for a week, then 2 weeks, then a month, then 2 months etc. Eventually you'll lose count and start focusing on what is right in front of you, your goals and your life.

• Like 2
Mr Scorpio

The only thing that is "wrong" with you is that you're human. Sadness at the 8 month mark? You can find plenty of threads with people mourning at 2 years. That isn't to say that it will take you that long. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Everyone heals at their own rate.

You are only human, there are so many happy memory triggers that just seem to hit you without you knowing, other than your feeling of sadness. One day you will be creating happy new memories with someone whom appreciates you