Book suggestions?

I apologize if there is already a thread about this or if I am posting in the wrong section.

I am looking for some books to read to help me with self improvement, spirituality, and overcoming the emotional trauma of a breakup. What have you all read that helped you to cope with your breakups and helped you to become better people? Thanks in advance for your suggestions :)

I haven't read it, but a lot of people have suggested "Eat, Pray, Love" and swear by it. Another book I haven't read that isn't really my taste is "He's Just Not That Into You." If that's your thing.

I tend to read a lot of Shakespeare because there's just a lot of profound wisdom in his words, and I study it at school. But, I too, am interested in hearing what others suggest because I'm looking to dive into a new book!

• Like 2
fireflywy
I haven't read it, but a lot of people have suggested "Eat, Pray, Love" and swear by it. Another book I haven't read that isn't really my taste is "He's Just Not That Into You." If that's your thing.

I tend to read a lot of Shakespeare because there's just a lot of profound wisdom in his words, and I study it at school. But, I too, am interested in hearing what others suggest because I'm looking to dive into a new book!

Heck, even the simple act of writing can help you be a better person. I wrote this sonnet after my break up.

Dissolution! Oh what raging tempest!

Her absence the cause of fever dreams hot!

That which robs men of peace and tranquil sleep

Gone reason! Extinguished by a new lot!

Lost are days of summer remembered fair,

Come the tumult times, loves' binding unwrung

Remorse, reflection, possessed now but once rare

Time in tear hazed days, future's forge undone.

As cold night descends upon unwarmed heart

Thankful I am for warmest words said

From angels called friends, great wisdom they impart

Strength I gather, sadness will be soon shed

For dawn will come and new hope's sun will arise

And a king will I be, toughened and wise....

• Like 2

That's a great sonnet!!

And I agree, writing is extremely helpful if that's your thing. Sometimes your own experiences are better than any book.

Paidtheprice

Hi... Hope all is well! I read a few books to cope with my breakup. Getting Past Your Breakup by Susan Elliott and another that was more specific to my problem, its called Insecure In Love by Leslie Becker-Phelps. I had these on my kindle.

Best Regards.

• Like 2
  • Author

Thank you all for your responses! I will check out all of the suggestions. I am struggling with my own heartbreak but each month it gets a little better. Approaching month 4 post breakup now.