Death

mech151

I lost my girlfriend to complications after she beat leukemia. We started dating 20 months ago, and she was diagnosed about 1 month in. The first six months were no problem, and in that time, I fell in love with this woman. Then after the transplant, things got tough physically for her, prednisone withdrawal. Over the next year we were still very close, but towards the end I was struggling with the situation. On the 15th, I went to the hospital, and we pulled her respirator. She had MRCA, and was done. She woke up, was cognascent and knew what was going on. Shortly after she went to sleep, and her family and friends (me included) watched her fade and die. I don't know why I am writing all this on this forum, except that it was so hard to watch. It has been 18 moths since we had our good times, and I am realizing how much in love I was and the reality of what I lost. She really could have been the one for me.....

Edited by mech151
  • Like 1

Oh my goodness. Reading this, brought tears to my eyes and I'm a 37 year old man. I am so very, very sorry. I lost my father to leukemia complications last February so I understand the struggle you went through watching her combat this.

I wish I had the words. I know that you were loved by her and you provided her with a gift that so many of us desire in this life. Those memories she gave you in return are a gift as well for you to hold onto until your time here is done and you've lived the full and happy life that I know she wished she could have given you with her by your side. Now, and I really believe this, she is in a place of peace and hoping you find it down here in the time you here.

I wish I knew what else to say. I know its cliché, and I don't even know your true name or hee true name, but I will definitely pray you and hers.

Edited by fireflywy
  • Like 2
Itspointless

I am really sorry for you man. Personally I have seen one of my parents slowly die by a terrible disease many years ago. The reason I entered this board was when I was pushed away by my fairly new girlfriend who just had gotten ill. It was (I think) not as life-threatening as with your girlfriend, but severe enough to get her into flight-mode. For a few weeks I though I was entering a situation like that again.

Anyway I really feel for you. If you want to message when you get the rights after 50 posts or so, feel free to do so.

Edited by Itspointless
  • Like 2

I am sorry. Death is for the living. She is free from pain and sorrow but you will carry it. She took a part of you and also gave a part. In time, this experience will make life more vivid and clear than ever before. Grieving sucks, there are no eloquent words. You won't ever forget and that's a good thing but it won't always hurt so bad and you will be a better person for loving her. Best wishes.

(((hug)))

• Like 1