What Did You Do Today to improve yourself/others.

fireflywy

I just posted a thread up about perespective and donating to St. Judes. We here on Loveshack often speak of coping or simply improving ourselves post break up and many of us make statements in generalities I.e. working out, job changes, etc.

With that said, and while those things are important, i would like a thread where people post things here that you did where you took that energy and placed it somewhere else in a positive manner. It could be the smallest of things. Perhaps you found a lost dog and returned it to a worried owner, perhaps you comforted a down friend/relative. Perhaps you donated your time or money to a cause. Perhaps it was even the smallest of things which impacted someones day.

Posting these things and making them part of your daily habits, I believe, helps you become a better, more empathetic person and helps you add value to your life (or even direction to find yourself again) or motivate others to do important things which help with the coping process.

So feel free to share, support, and cheer on others in THIS area of moving on. It's time to leave the darkness of grief and despair behind.

Edited by fireflywy
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
TaraMaiden2

What a shame that you first contributor has come in nearly 2 months later...

I have intensified my own personal practice, because currently I am living with two people who both mean the world to me - but who actively hate the sight of each other.

One is a parent, who despises my spouse, but cannot for the life of them put their finger on precisely why. They just 'hate'. No rhyme or reason, but everything my spouse does is wrong, no matter what it may be.

Keeps out of the way? Antisocial, rude and uncommunicative.

Sticks around? Does nothing to contribute any comment of interest or worthiness.

Helps round the house? Does it wrong.

Doesn't help? Lazy.

And me?

Yup.

Piggy-in-the-middle.....

So all I can do is what I have done:

I have increased my meditation time, and am focussing on positive personal affirmations.

St Francis' Prayer is proving to be a good Meditative mantra...

"Make me a channel of your Peace;

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;

Where there is injury, pardon;

Where there is doubt, faith;

Where there is despair, hope;

Where there is darkness, light;

Where there is sadness, joy.

....Grant that I may not so much seek

To be consoled as to console,

To be understood as to understand,

To be loved as to love;

For it is in giving that we receive...."

And right now, keeping the peace between these two people, forever held in my heart with love, respect and affection, is demanding every single Spiritual skill I can muster!

Thank you so much for this thread!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I've been doing the meditation thing too. Its a great help.

That's an awesome prayer! Thanks for posting it.