Ex wanted to be friends , I refused now feel bad

Heatemyheart89

Heatemyheart89

My ex dumped me about 2 weeks ago .we went out for around 6 months . It was pretty traumatic, I didn't want to split . I wanted no contact , he kept breaking it . We met up for coffee , I thought with hope of getting back together . Nope . I told my ex I felt it would be best if we had no contact , but he wanted to be friends and meet up regularly . I've decided to stick to no contact this time . Thing is I feel guilty . He seemed angry when I didn't want to be friends. Has anyone elses ex wanted to be friends?

I think he wanted a no strings attached time affair to be honest as that is what he has had with his previous 'exes'.

He didnt feel bad when he dumped you, so why should you feel bad for wanting to go NC and heal yourself.

How he now feels, or thinks of you is totally irrelevant. By breaking up with you he has expressly shown that he doesnt want you in his life as a girlfriend and if you have any amount of dignity and self love, you will not hold onto crumbs just to be in his life. You wont open yourself up to being an ego stroke, a booty call, a crutch, a toy or a play thing.

Most dumpers want to be friends but only for their benefit. But once they have dumped you, the only person you have to be concerned about is yourself. Save yourself the heartache and drama and go NC. Don't let him have a foothold in your life, taking up the space that someone who truly loves you should be filling.

• Like 1

there is nothing to feel guilty about. Being continued friends with him would call you pain. He didn't care about your pain when he broke up with you. Why should you feel bad for not being his booty call?

You can't be friends fresh off a break up. That doesn't mean you have to be nasty if you bump into each other but there is no reason to plan to get together.

You did the right thing, good job.

If my ex came to me with that "lets be friends" offer I would tell her to go F herself.