Lc

Woody1965

Been LC for almost 30 days, , my ex GF cheated on me emotionally ,after asking her to stop she didn't, so I left.

we both have been going through a lot, her child custody, me business issues, Im thinking that because I wasn't focused on her and my attention was elsewhere, thats why she did what she did.

we both love each other and I'm just wondering what to do.

any suggestions?

Woody

If she was emotionally cheating on you, then that's on HER.

Emotional cheating is cheating.

If you weren't paying enough attention to her and she was unhappy, it was her responsibility to let you know what was going on and work to fix the issues. She chose to become romantically involved with someone else.

You don't give much information, but LC is not the best way for you to heal from a breakup. Also, it prevents her from experiencing the loss of you in her life. It's pretty much a lose/lose.

There's a great guide posted here that explains about NC and why it's so helpful. Here's also a great recovery guide: http://www.breakuprecoveryguide.com

I would re-think LC in your shoes. Usually, it only prolongs suffering while making it easier on your ex to move on.

• Like 2

People only resort to Limited Contact if there is something legally binding them, and obliging them to do so, like the joint ownership of property, joint rental of a living space, or children.

Every other break-up should be considered the time to go into full No Contact, and I don't see you have given any reason whatsoever, as to why this should not apply to you, unless I have missed something...

Full NC is the order of the day, my friend, and nothing will move on and heal, while you don't apply it....

• Like 2