I keep havng dreams about my ex

Jonp219

For the past week or so I continue t have dreams about my ex, some good and some bad.

We broke up on the 6th of February, I broke no contact on the 21st to try to get her back and it didn't work and then I broke it again on the 25th to tell her that I fully acknowledge the break-up, and that was it.

Lately, I have been tossing and turning in bed just thinking about the good times we had with one another. Sometimes I dream that she texted me wanting to talk, to only wake up in the middle of the night realize she didn't send anything. Other times I dream that she's texting on of her friends telling them how better off she is without me and how much baggage I was in her life. In addition, I can't sleep for more than 4 hours a night and I haven't been able to for the past month.

I just don't know what to do, I feel like crap, I miss her, I wish we could speak, but she wants nothing to do with me.

Your dreams will start changing as you move along in the process. I used to have dreams of chasing and begging him when I was in the thick of my pain. Waking up in a sweat. Then dreams of him and I in a room but evading each other. That was when I was starting to get indifferent. Then dreams of seeing him and not caring and that was when I was detached and moving on -- and those dreams we few and far in between.

Everything is going to trigger you. You're going through withdrawals like a drug addict. You need a fix (contact). Keep fighting it.

The above was a response to another poster who was having the same problem with dreams. It's normal and it's going to bother you for awhile.

You're going to wake up in sweats, heart thumping, feeling that extreme anxiety -- very few hours of sleep. You just ended so everything is very raw.

• Author
The above was a response to another poster who was having the same problem with dreams. It's normal and it's going to bother you for awhile.

You're going to wake up in sweats, heart thumping, feeling that extreme anxiety -- very few hours of sleep. You just ended so everything is very raw.

The dreams feel stronger now than they did in the beginning. Going to sleep is the worst time of the day. But thank you for posting this, the quote help.

Rainbowlove

It's normal given that the break up is recent.

My guess is you are probably thinking of your X a lot - maybe just before bed?

Try to shift your focus on something else before you go to sleep.

Are you able to sleep okay? Or having constant wake ups?

Again, this is all so normal as you are in the early stages of losing her.

• Author
It's normal given that the break up is recent.

My guess is you are probably thinking of your X a lot - maybe just before bed?

Try to shift your focus on something else before you go to sleep.

Are you able to sleep okay? Or having constant wake ups?

Again, this is all so normal as you are in the early stages of losing her.

Yes, I do think about her alot before I go to bed.

No I don't sleep okay, I wake up atleast 3-4 times a night and i'm out of bed after 4-5 hours of sleep.

Whenever I wake up I look at my phone to see if she has texted me :'(

Rainbowlove
Yes, I do think about her alot before I go to bed.

No I don't sleep okay, I wake up atleast 3-4 times a night and i'm out of bed after 4-5 hours of sleep.

Whenever I wake up I look at my phone to see if she has texted me :'(

You are grieving - so normal to go through what you are going through.

Try reading before bed. Try meditating. You have to quiet your mind.

In time, your thoughts and sleep will improve.

Unfortunately, it's going to take some months.

I hope you have good friends and family to support you as you navigate your way through the heart break.

We've all been there.

For the past week or so I continue t have dreams about my ex, some good and some bad.

We broke up on the 6th of February, I broke no contact on the 21st to try to get her back and it didn't work and then I broke it again on the 25th to tell her that I fully acknowledge the break-up, and that was it.

Lately, I have been tossing and turning in bed just thinking about the good times we had with one another. Sometimes I dream that she texted me wanting to talk, to only wake up in the middle of the night realize she didn't send anything. Other times I dream that she's texting on of her friends telling them how better off she is without me and how much baggage I was in her life. In addition, I can't sleep for more than 4 hours a night and I haven't been able to for the past month.

I just don't know what to do, I feel like crap, I miss her, I wish we could speak, but she wants nothing to do with me.

I do that too. I wake up and look at my phone then I am deflated.

If they wanted to talk to us they would let us know. If they wanted to be with us they would let us know. They aren't. So we must move on.

We cannot wish them to change back to how we viewed them to be when we were together with them.

Keep busy. It is the only thing that is keeping me half sane. I have spent too much time obsessing and wondering what he is doing. It is not helping me and I must put me first. I put him first for too long.

Missing her is normal. It hasn't been that long. Give yourself time to grieve and please do not contact her anymore. Block her so she cannot contact you.

• Author

I tried meditating last night before going to bed and it helped me fall asleep a little easier. Although my sleep time hasn't changed, I did less tossing and during last night, and turning off my phone helps alot too.

• Like 1
Rainbowlove
I tried meditating last night before going to bed and it helped me fall asleep a little easier. Although my sleep time hasn't changed, I did less tossing and during last night, and turning off my phone helps alot too.

Keep at it. Positive thoughts and energy.

It will get easier.

• Like 1