When you can be with the one you love

GoodFlora

For a while I've been reading the posts and sometimes it helps me to read exemples of people passing through the same thing that I'm and read that they are recovering.

It's embarrassing to tell my story but it might help a bit.

For the last two years I had lived out if my country, learning English and getting to know a new culture. A couple of months before I had to return to my country I met a guy and we got very close. It wasn't perfect but it was so important and special. Its impossible to describe the feeling of being with this guy.

When I was very close to get back we cried and talked and he didn't want to try a distance relationship. It was frustrating for me but I thought that he would change his mind later. But he didn't.

After I got here we had talked for a while but it was being so hard and a lot of up and downs. So I decided to tell how I liked him and how it was hurting me to be far away from him. Abd he said that he was missing me and he knew how amazing I was but he had different goals and he wasn't up to do this sacrifice.

It was so painful for me to know that he didn't change his mind. So, I decided that it would be better to stop talking. He said that he was sad for my decision but he wanted me to feel better.

After that day we had few conversations and now we are not talking anymore.

I know he is always going out and everything. I saw a picture of him with some girls in a party.

Anyway. I just feel so sad and trying to be strong. I'm working a lot and keeping myself busy... But it's like I can't feel totally happy with anything. I try to be strong and positive but when it's night I just feel like I can't hold anymore :(

I'm sorry for the long post. I just wanted to share this with someone and maybe read some supportive people.

Thank you all

Flora, I know you are feeling disappointed and sad about his decision. I don't know how old you guys are but you guys seem young, so obviously it is better for him and easier for him to come to this decision.. he has a whole life ahead of him, a life he has still yet to experience. Also he has his goals that he wants to reach for.

Right now you might think that this is the person you love and that you lost someone special but let me tell you, you will meet that special person and he'll do everything and anything to make you happy. You fell for this guy because you were visiting a new culture and you were lonely. This guy might have been nice and gave you attention but the friendship/relationship between you 2 was only 2 months.. you don't know this guy fully.

My point is, I know it's hard to look at things on the bright side but the way I see it is that at least he decided to be honest with you and not string you along, and the relationship with him was short so less pain in the end. The longer he dragged it, the more pain you'd be in. The pain and sadness now is only temporary.

You WILL meet someone just as nice and pretty as you are. And when you do, you will know that this is the one that you truly will love. Trust me, he'll appear in your life when you least expect it.

• Author

Thank you for your words and advice. I agree with you. Actually we are not that young but the way you put things made me realize how immature I look like.

I know it's the best for both of us. And I know I'll feel better soon.

Thank you :)