Moving forward

Nineoak

Its been over two weeks since my ex ended our relationship and 9 days of NC with her. I've been slowly piecing my life back together, even though I can't go an hour of the day without missing her and wishing we could work things out.

I went out on a date tonight even though Ill admit I'm not in the right state of mind to be dating so soon. The date went well and we plan on going out again, but the idea of starting out a relationship from the beginning is exhausting.

I have no idea if I will ever hear from or see her again. There were a lot of great things about our relationship so I'm holding out hope that she will come back. Posting here seems to help me vent my frustration so thank you for taking the time to read!

I hear ya man. Starting all over is exhausting, dipped my toe in the pond recently and just didn't feel like doing it all over again. Still hoping my ex tries to come back. Strangely the hope that she will brings comfort... Part of me wants her back but other part knows to stay away. Venting has helped tremendously so I don't get stuck in my head.

It helps to get through the days if you hold onto the hope that they will come back. That's why I originally started NC. I figured it was the only way. After some time, I decided I did not want him back. It took me a hard month of NC and thinking/obsessing about him everyday though to reach that point.

I still miss him but it gets easier.