How to deal with late night texts from him?

HorseLuck

He hasn't done this too often, but this time it messed with me.

I can only assume he was intoxicated. He identified himself, used the "L" word claiming he still loves me and to please text him back. Called numerous times but left no voicemail. This came out of the blue.

Had this been during the day time, or if he left a voice mail choosing to elaborate on what that meant, I would have responded. But I didn't trust, so I left it alone.

I had a moment of panic as my mind tried to process the words. I never expected him to admit anything to do with emotions. Now I'm just angry and confused by the intent. Angry that he thinks he can text me at his whim and never hold any accountability. He's done it before and never apologized.

Had he texted me the next day and admitted he was in the wrong..mentioned that he was drunk, I would have dropped it. But it hurts to receive late night texts that i'm suppose to not decipher.

Now I'm pissed and wanting to strike back. I want him to know that behavior isn't ok with me. I've respected no contact rules. I never called him or texted to pull at his heart strings.

What can I do? Suggestions on what to say if I reach out?

I don't want to block him. I did at one point for my own sake but..I don't hate him.

• Author

^ It's been about two years.

There were a couple of stress factors, he didn't have time for me, he had emotionally detached. I dealt with anxiety issues. Overall bad timing due to circumstance.

I don't want to block him. I did at one point for my own sake but..I don't hate him.

You block him, not because you hate him.

You block him, for your own sanity.

• Like 3
So you're saying don't respond?

Correct.

My Ex did the same thing - for almost three years.

Just learn the mantra, "Ignore, Ignore, Ignore..."

• Author
Correct.

My Ex did the same thing - for almost three years.

Just learn the mantra, "Ignore, Ignore, Ignore..."

Why did he/she do it Carrie? If my ex wants a response I think it would be common sense to acknowledge me at an appropriate time. But no. I don't get it.

And thanks.

Why did he/she do it Carrie? If my ex wants a response I think it would be common sense to acknowledge me at an appropriate time. But no. I don't get it.

And thanks.

This is the point: You Don't Get It.

I didn't get it.

We will never know and don't need to... It is simply an act of desperation from desperate people. The motivation is irrelevant beyond that: DESPERATION and grasping for something...

Don't waste brain cells trying to figure it out.