So I had this dream...

lostsoul6486

It has been a while since I've posted on here. I'm in a better place now than I was just a few short weeks ago. I still think about her quite a bit, at least once a day, but I don't have that tremendous sadness and anger that seemed to follow me around everywhere I went.

Anyway, I had this dream last night that we were together. We were vacationing somewhere and everything was perfect. I was so happy just to be with her. Next thing I know, we're at her place and she's crying. I'm just standing there while she's weeping and begging me to take her back. I told her that I didn't trust her anymore and that I could never take her back because she cheated. I said I was in a good place now that I was over her. She just kept crying and my eyes teared up as I watched her. It was almost like a memory of what happened when I took her back during the summer, except in the dream I was strong enough to say no to her. Just as I turned to leave, she lunged at me to try and hug me, but I woke up and the dream was over.

It felt so real and my eyes were watery right when I woke up. I've read that sometimes your subconscious mind tries to work issues out that your conscious mind can't through your dreams. I don't know how true that is, but I've been pretty down today because she's been on my mind a lot :(

Ah yes, the good old dreams - most mornings I'm thankful to wake up and not remember if I dreamt about him or not. I did have one this past weekend though, where we were back together and he said to me "I broke my own heart by breaking up with you" - I had to catch myself, as I almost started to think that this it was some kind of sign :rolleyes:

I think this it true:

I've read that sometimes your subconscious mind tries to work issues out that your conscious mind can't through your dreams. I don't know how true that is, but I've been pretty down today because she's been on my mind a lot :(

It's just our mind trying to work out residual feelings / emotions / confusion / unfulfilled desires that come along with a breakup.

Keep going, glad that you're in a better place, it will continue to get better!

SycamoreCircle

The subconscious leads the conscious. Take it as a sign that your psyche is working its way towards healing itself.