I finally changed my cell phone number but now i feel sad :(

Mizz Layta

The reason why I changed my number is because I knew if my ex texts me or call I will cave in and fall back in his tunnel. We were on and off for few years which consisted him leaving and coming back after 5 or 6 month mark in my life and he repeats the cycle. He was hot and cold. We lived 4 hours apart which was a also big issue and every time he was complaining about the distance and how it was hard and all.

The last time we got back in touch we made plans for him to visit me but the plans kept falling through for months then he got distance . Then it turned out that met someone closer and I was crushed when he admitted that .I told him that its best we go separate way and wish each other the best .I coudn`t watch him move on as it was painful for me.However, today I decided to change my number and deactivate my face book for couple years or
so
. I know the chances of him contacting me are slim to none since he is with someone else but you never know. I am not sure if I am just trying to feed my ego.

I just wanted to put an end to the on and off cycle and I know if he does come back then the
old
issues will just resurface .I just don't want to deal with anymore and I am emotionally drained from it. He put me through allot of heartbreak . I just want to heal in piece and I feel like this chapter in my life is over

I understand. You did a good thing for yourself here. I hope you understand that. No point in being an emotional slave to a guy who no longer loves you. Who has moved on to the next girl. Sure, he may return, when things go sour, and use you as a comfort cushion - but you don't need that.

Continue doing what you're doing. Frankly, building your ego back up, is a healthy point at this time. It has been shattered; there is nothing wrong with this. Work on yourself. Strengthen yourself. Just in case he finds a way to come back...you can say no, and let that be that.

I am proud of you :)

• Like 2

Good for you! You did what you felt was right for you and that is a very positive step in the right direction. Sounds to me like you did the right thing and it is a great feeling once you do finally heal and don't worry, you will.

• Like 1

i can understand why u did what you did. i think not hearing from them and wishing you did..it aweful also. like it hurts NOT to hear the phone ring or get a text. so if u have a different number you dont have to feel that feeling.

• Like 1
  • Author

UPDATE:wen I changed my number I felt powerful and free the first but now I feel more sad and emotional since I ceased all lines of communication. I know that he has no way of contacting me. I now feel a sense of loss since I cared about him as person :(

if this really bothers you. call the phone company and ask if u can have the number back again. is this a land line? or cell phone?

if the number can be restored (u probably have to act fast)...then keep it again for awhile. when u feel stronger maybe...change it again. all and all i know how u feel. i havent changed my number but there does seem to be benefits to it.

it sux not to hear from them. and if u feel weak and want to break any potential cycle of giving into him. but if u wanted maybe reverse it till a later date...see if u can. and try not to beat yourself up if u cant. this is yet another "change" . of course its going to feel bad. thats only natural :(

• Like 1
  • Author
if this really bothers you. call the phone company and ask if u can have the number back again. is this a land line? or cell phone?

if the number can be restored (u probably have to act fast)...then keep it again for awhile. when u feel stronger maybe...change it again. all and all i know how u feel. i havent changed my number but there does seem to be benefits to it.

it sux not to hear from them. and if u feel weak and want to break any potential cycle of giving into him. but if u wanted maybe reverse it till a later date...see if u can. and try not to beat yourself up if u cant. this is yet another "change" . of course its going to feel bad. thats only natural :(

Thanks,I am going to stick to it because I know I did the right thing.If I didn't then I know for fact I will succumb to his contact if he does contact me.Even though I feel sad,i feel less tempted to text him.Deep down I know things between us will never work and we would just get back into the same spot.The biggest issue with us was the distance which kept breaking us up since the issues were not resolved