Her or me

Jet Lag

I received an email from my ex today asking if I was going to a festival this weekend because if not he would remove me from the guest list.

He never ever removes people from the guest list so I translated this to...

"I am taking someone else and they are using your spot."

Obviously I am devastated...but trying to decide if I should be happy that he at least respected me enough so I didn't turn up and find him with her.

Okay...devastated again... thought I was moving on a bit.

Backwards today....really really sad.

Honestly, it seems to me like he texted you to see if he still has an influence on how you feel. My ex used to do this kind of thing and she still does, but only when she sees me around in school or at parties. Thankfully, she doesn't text me anymore. She purposefully comes up to me and says hello even though she knows it will make me uncomfortable. It's dumb, but it's a power move to feed their egos. They don't want to think that we could just move on from them. They want to know we still feel something for them, even if it is anger, resentment, or sadness. The best we could do is just not answer him. We have to pretend we are happy don't care about them enough to even be mad or sad. It's hard. I know. I'm going through the same thing. I had a pretty sad and backward day today myself. Like you, I thought I was doing better. It was my first day like this in a while so I guess that's a positive. Let's just be strong and not let them live in our heads rent free. We will get better in time :)

• Author
JetLag,

Why are you allowing your ex to contact you?

Block him.:rolleyes:

Sounds so easy, doesn't it. I worked for him and when we were having trouble with the company email address I started emailing from mine. Any emails re him that come in, I just forward straight to him. I have his emails going to spam.

His son and my son are best friends. Funny, since we have broken up I can feel his son withdrawing but that will be sad for my son.

Also we live in a regional area, I drive passed him frequently.

Even today, I had to pick up my daughter from her job (as a referee supervisor) and saw him at the stadium watching his son play. I didn't talk to him or anything but I can't see it can ever be anything other than LC.