6 weeks on...

CT98

Feeling a lot better now about things, I've had chance to reflect on the relationship and realise that we are at different stages in our life and want different things, it's a shame but that's how it is.

I'm not feeling really down or angry now, my emotions are settling, and when they do come on strong it's for less time and I know how to deal with it.

Went on a date last night, was good fun. She's lovely but not what I'm looking for I don't think. I feel it might be a bit early to be moving into a new relationship anyway, I'm not quite ready for that yet. But it was nice to meet a nice girl who wanted to see me, and talk to me, and just have a bit of fun. It's nice to have some female company.

I don't think I'm out of the woods yet, and I do have that nagging feeling of 'what's next' sometimes, but most of the time I feel optimistic about the future. I have a better idea about what I would like from a partner now, and I won't be rushing into anything, but if something comes my way we shall have to see :)

Not a squeak from my ex, which is probably a good thing.

Just wanted to say that people who are fresh out of a break up, please be kind to yourself and realise that the emotions you're feeling are understandable and completely normal, and you will start feeling better in time if you have the mindset that you want to feel better and that you won't let someone else rule your happiness. They don't want to be part of your life? Let them go, you don't need them. You only need people that want to be a part of your journey.

Edited by CT98
  • Like 3

I cherish these posts of people regaining happiness and sanity after a brutal breakup.

Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you're feeling better!

I had two awesome nights of sleep in a row this week. It does get better.

• Like 2
I cherish these posts of people regaining happiness and sanity after a brutal breakup.

Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you're feeling better!

I had two awesome nights of sleep in a row this week. It does get better.

Me too...but then six weeks on. I'm feeling a little tardy!

That sounds great!

For me, it's at about the 9 week mark where I am finally in the "I can start dating/doing adult things with other people" mindset. She'll still come up in my head, but she won't matter as much anymore. Seeing her with another guy is going to be rough, but I'm slowly working to the point where that doesn't matter anymore. I am at week 6 right now. Key is to allow the time to pass.

You have to keep repeating to yourself ALL of her flaws, why you broke up with her, how she wasn't good enough for you, and that she's only 1/3,500,000,000 girls in this world. Keep your head in the big picture.

The girl I dated is my neighbor. Two things happened tonight. I was sitting on my porch, and one of her friends came with a friend I never met before to pick her up to go out clubbing (we share a porch). Instantly, I thought this new girl was gorgeous. I imagined myself getting down with her. Then, my ex came out and, as per usual, she didn't look at me or say a word to me. I scanned her down, nervous because she may be showing skin or she made herself extra attractive to pick up some guy tonight. She definitely spent time on her appearance, but I looked at her and thought "eh." She isn't that hot, sexy, gorgeous girl in my mind anymore. Now, I see her as a girl who is way too skinny, has acne, a weird smile, a weird torso to leg proportion, and a really bad sense of fashion. I seriously believe that I'm the best she'll ever get in her life.

I went into my house after that, made some food, laid down and watched a movie, and stopped caring about her.

The trick is to realize that your ex had A LOT of flaws. Repeat them over and over and over again in your head, and you'll get to the point where you look at her and ALL you see are her disgusting physical flaws and then you wonder, "why did I date that? Who would want to?"

• Author
That sounds great!

For me, it's at about the 9 week mark where I am finally in the "I can start dating/doing adult things with other people" mindset. She'll still come up in my head, but she won't matter as much anymore. Seeing her with another guy is going to be rough, but I'm slowly working to the point where that doesn't matter anymore. I am at week 6 right now. Key is to allow the time to pass.

You have to keep repeating to yourself ALL of her flaws, why you broke up with her, how she wasn't good enough for you, and that she's only 1/3,500,000,000 girls in this world. Keep your head in the big picture.

The girl I dated is my neighbor. Two things happened tonight. I was sitting on my porch, and one of her friends came with a friend I never met before to pick her up to go out clubbing (we share a porch). Instantly, I thought this new girl was gorgeous. I imagined myself getting down with her. Then, my ex came out and, as per usual, she didn't look at me or say a word to me. I scanned her down, nervous because she may be showing skin or she made herself extra attractive to pick up some guy tonight. She definitely spent time on her appearance, but I looked at her and thought "eh." She isn't that hot, sexy, gorgeous girl in my mind anymore. Now, I see her as a girl who is way too skinny, has acne, a weird smile, a weird torso to leg proportion, and a really bad sense of fashion. I seriously believe that I'm the best she'll ever get in her life.

I went into my house after that, made some food, laid down and watched a movie, and stopped caring about her.

The trick is to realize that your ex had A LOT of flaws. Repeat them over and over and over again in your head, and you'll get to the point where you look at her and ALL you see are her disgusting physical flaws and then you wonder, "why did I date that? Who would want to?"

I do find it kind of amazing really that when you're with them they're the perfect girl, have no flaws, or the flaws are only miniscule little problems. Then after being dumped and with the passing of a little time you start thinking 'yeah, that really pissed me off when she did that' & 'maybe she's not the most beautiful woman in the world'.

Then after the passing of a lot of time - and I'm thinking back to my first girlfriend here, who I broke up with two years ago - you think, 'I'm grateful for the memories I had with you, but really, what on earth was I doing with you'.

I do find it kind of amazing really that when you're with them they're the perfect girl, have no flaws, or the flaws are only miniscule little problems. Then after being dumped and with the passing of a little time you start thinking 'yeah, that really pissed me off when she did that' & 'maybe she's not the most beautiful woman in the world'.

Then after the passing of a lot of time - and I'm thinking back to my first girlfriend here, who I broke up with two years ago - you think, 'I'm grateful for the memories I had with you, but really, what on earth was I doing with you'.

Yeah, it's weird.

My ex definitely did not make it home last night. Now, this could mean that she's in bed with another guy, or she could be sleeping over at a friends house, but my snooping stops there. I think there is a new guy anyways (probably a "fun" buddy), but the nice thing is I doubt I'll ever have to see him. It only worries me if I'm out and about and I see them together on a Friday night.

No snooping makes me worry a little, but not knowing makes me feel better about it.

No way that the guy was as good as me anyways (I would get my ex to cum every single time--i was constantly cleaning my sheets).