Coping after ANY relationship is really hard

Dante311

I'm learning that first hand. Regardless of how toxic, or great that relationship may have been.

As I sit here before you... alone. Typing on my laptop instead of doing my work that is important. I had some final words with my exgirlfriend tonight. We are trying to break a toxic pattern of breaking up and getting back together and breaking up and getting back together. A cycle that has lasted 3 years. She's always dumped me. And me, foolishly, always there to go back to her.

I'm a helpless romantic. And I keep thinking things will change...

I'm a fool.

That's all I can be.

I too used to be a hopeless romantic but im not certain what shifted in me that eventually morphed me into a matter of fact guy. Truth is my heart is an ice box and im not sure when it'll beat again. I suppose in due time. Its great that you acknowledge a toxic relationship and are able to make a decision and move forward from it. We are all at different stages in our recovery all that matters is that one day we'll be able to breathe again.

Copelandsanity
I too used to be a hopeless romantic but im not certain what shifted in me that eventually morphed me into a matter of fact guy. Truth is my heart is an ice box and im not sure when it'll beat again. I suppose in due time. Its great that you acknowledge a toxic relationship and are able to make a decision and move forward from it. We are all at different stages in our recovery all that matters is that one day we'll be able to breathe again.

LOL, same here. Used to be a huge hopeful romantic - prefer that phrasing better - pretty much my entire life until divorce. Now my heart is as cold as an ice box when it comes to romance *burr*

It's just really difficult to find someone who is nice, positive, and down-to-earth...same for both sexes.

Edited by Copelandsanity
  • Like 1
I'm a fool.

That's all I can be.

No, that's not true and it's not a fact, either. You can be whatever you decide and choose. Whomever told you that all you can be is a "fool" is a liar and did not have your best interest at heart. Reject that person/voice. She or he is NOT your friend or ally!

• Author

Thanks guys.

I appreciate the empathy.. you are all loved :)

Today I reached out to her to tell her she's entitled to her opinion, but she's making a mistake. I told her there is no love, no emotion, no nothing left...

she replied she still loves me, but this is for the best.

so i told her that I can now die peacefully knowing I extended my hand and she obliged and pushed it away. And said goodbye.

I blocked her number.

:(