Is this weird?

JRico

Hi!

I wrote my story in this forum some months ago, you can check my profile if you are interested. My question is... I've been NC since April 29.. deleted cell number, facebook and everything. The point is im really better and see things differently than before. Im really happy with my life right now...

So... why do I find myself wondering if she would text me in my birthday in 26 days? Why am I still reading the second chances forum? I still wonder if we could work this through even when im not even sure what i feel for her now... its pretty weird for me but I would like to have a coffe with her and hear how she's been and whats she up to but i haven't because im not sure if that would hurt me, it's been so long since the last time I knew anything from her that I dont even know why i wonder this things from time to time.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

• Like 1
sdrawkcaB ssA
Hi!

I wrote my story in this forum some months ago, you can check my profile if you are interested. My question is... I've been NC since April 29.. deleted cell number, facebook and everything. The point is im really better and see things differently than before. Im really happy with my life right now...

So... why do I find myself wondering if she would text me in my birthday in 26 days? Why am I still reading the second chances forum? I still wonder if we could work this through even when im not even sure what i feel for her now... its pretty weird for me but I would like to have a coffe with her and hear how she's been and whats she up to but i haven't because im not sure if that would hurt me, it's been so long since the last time I knew anything from her that I dont even know why i wonder this things from time to time.

Since late April, and NC. Well, to me it is obvious that your expecting something out of nothing. NC is like, POOF! gone. That its it, no more, the end... etc. Let go of your connection and live your life free from the emotional ties you still are clinging to. If fate has it, some day you may bump into her, but I would not think she'd break NC just on a B'day. If anything she'd wait for a time that is open from being sentimental.

Why open up a form of communication on a special day that gives off the wrong impression from the get go???

• Like 1
FortunateSon
Hi!

I don't have an answer for you because you have written almost my exact situation and how I feel too! I have been NC since the beginning of the year with no intention of breaking it but I do sometimes wonder if I will ever hear from her again? I am very apprehensive about the thought of ever talking to her again, as I don't want to open an old wound and she treated me very poorly. I also check a lot of the BU, 2nd chance, Coping sections too, even though I am happy and a pretty good place. I truly believe reconciliation would be impossible. I think some of it is just purely became the habit of checking LS while I was coping and going through things awhile back, it helped me a lot.

• Like 2

I went through the same thing as you- I understand completely. I too have gone NC for 28 days. My birthday was on Minday and I was actually somewhat disappointed that I didn't get a bday text . I kept checking my phone. And tinight I struggled for a tad also. I kniw we are done however sometimes I wonder also. Keep moving forward sounds like you are doing great :)

• Like 1
StrangerThanFiction
Hi!

Honestly, I think it's natural and most people go through it at some point. I dated a guy for 3 years once and a year and a half later even after I didn't really have any real feelings for him anymore and pretty much had moved on, when my birthday rolled around I wondered if he would message me and I started thinking about him again and wanted to see how he was doing. It eventually passed and after that everything went back to normal.

It seems you've done pretty well with NC and healing so far. I think you should just stick to it. If she wants to talk to you, she will. If not, no harm done.

• Like 1

We all still wonder that stuff from time to time but chalk up to just pointless thoughts about an ex cuz that's all it is.

Keep on truckin my friend.

• Like 2