Coming up on a year

johncourtz

Well the 13th will make a year since my world was turned upside down. Since then I've made new friends, im actively dating a very supportive, sweet and attractive woman and I've learned a lot about myself. Found out today that my ex broke up with the dude she left me for and is with a new guy already parading him on social media. I don't ask for the info but people feel the need to tell me, and honestly it doesn't bother me much. I feel for her kid cause she's seeing so many guys come and go it isn't even funny at this point. Anyways I'm writing this because it just dawned on me that it will be a year and a year ago I couldn't breath and literally thought I was going to die without this woman. Sure I think about her sometimes but its rare and whenever I do I remember the good times and shake it off...it just didn't work out and for whatever reason she felt she can do better. I'm hearing that she isn't doing better and reaching out to all our mutual friends who she cut off when she left me. What a difference a year makes. So for all those who are struggling keep on pushing. Remain NC. Tell your friends not to mention stuff if it will affect u, even tho I tell mine and they still shoot me info every now and then. All is well with me tho, just had it on my mind and felt like sharing.

• Like 13
StrangerThanFiction

Thanks for this post! I think it really helps when people share things like this. Gives the rest of us hope that we'll get there too! :)

• Like 1

Very positive message! I'm sure if we all think back to a year ago we can see some noticeable changes too, things always work out with time :)

• Like 1
  • Author

It is true what they say...time heals all wounds..u never quite forget but you become wiser for the next relationship. It's amazing how far I've came and how the sight of her with another guy doesn't faze me at all. Be strong yall, it gets greater later!

Thankyou.

I guess that is what we are all aspiring too. It is great to hear it actually happens, that one does heal, especially early on after a breakup when it feels that no one can possibly have felt this way before, that my relationship was so special so no one can really understand how hard it is.

Thanks for sharing.

Hopefully I can be back here in the not too distant future encouraging people like this.

Obviously, at the moment, I can't really see this happening.

• Author

Happy I could help out in some small way. I promise you all greater things are coming. It gets rough at times but as long as you focus on you everything will fall into place in the end.