I believe I am right

livingon

I knew this man ten over years ago, but we lost contact. Recently, I wrote an email and started texting. We went out for a date and we enjoyed each companion and almost have sex. He didn't want to have quickie, he said this can wait as he wanted to the moment to the fullest.

Texting on and off, he is on rebound, trying hard to get over the pain inflicted by his ex. Yesterday, I rejected his "sex in-mind" for a short getaway since I don't want to be silly to be hurt as I am clearly aware that he hasn't gotten over his ex and he was real angry with me for rejecting him, he told me that my behaviour and my attitude is similar as compared to his ex, giving him mixed signals with lots of explanation. He said I treated him like an idiot. I don't think so, I feel that he is treating me like ****, a nobody. He doesn't want commitments, yet wanted to have casual sex, yet today he told me his heart is bleeding. I told him off that his anger doesn't come from me, he is still thinking of his ex. He replied maybe, this irked me. What is your thoughts on him?

He sounds like he enjoyed the attention that you gave him and expected you to agree to a weekend of casual sex with him. When you said no, that upset him, and instead of apologizing to you, it sounds like he tried to blame you instead for having strong boundaries with him.

It's always tempting to reconnect with an old flame after years of not seeing them, but sometimes the past is best left in the past, with certain people.

I think you're better off letting this old flame fade away into the past -- your past. He doesn't sound like he's even emotionally available for you to actually date if he's still obsessing about his ex. He sounds selfish. Not worth your time.