Always Too Attached

lyndaaxo

I didn't really know where to put this so feel free to move it if its in the wrong place...

I have an issue with getting attached to everything. Usually people, feelings/situations or places. I know when its happening but I can't help myself, and then when that situation isn't the same anymore (such as that person not being in my life) I feel lost.

Am I alone here in my irrational attachment?

I didn't really know where to put this so feel free to move it if its in the wrong place...

I have an issue with getting attached to everything. Usually people, feelings/situations or places. I know when its happening but I can't help myself, and then when that situation isn't the same anymore (such as that person not being in my life) I feel lost.

Am I alone here in my irrational attachment?

I don't think you are alone in this. I have the same issue, I get attached to even home, cities, countries. I think emotional people are prone to developing these sort of attachments.

The way out is to keep reminding yourself, telling yourself not to get attached when you feel you are going through it. This has helped me but one time I let the guard down, it is enough to cause lasting pain.

Even though I keep my distance, because I am shy, I do have some feelings towards peeps that I can relate to. I guess my shyness is to protect me from connecting to feeling or tied by relating to the others issues and such.

Never thought about it until I started typing away.

I guess you can to try to protect them feelings from controlling you by, telling yourself just because you feel that way in connex, that there is no real connex between you. Do the rubber band snap on your wrist everytime you feel an unwanted connex. Find something that annoys the S*#& out of you by the way they say or do things to crush connex feelings.

I have a tendency to throw a spanner into the works when I feel I have shown myself more than I like. As to protect the other from feeling a connex. As if that will happen. So in an odd way, I am a disabler, so if you ever neen a good connex disconnection, I can do it, as I am a professional.