Long after and then this....

Tayla

two and 1/2 years ago, I ended a Tremulous relationship. Not physical abuse, more a case of Indifference.

He is a co worker so after making peace with each other and finding a civil way to deal , an incident came my way.

A new co worker has been the Shiny penny at work for months. I have guided her since My boss who should be training her is too busy chasing skirts. Anyways, I was in conversation in her office when one of the guys walks by and congrats her for her TV debut. I said Wow good going what was it for, and without a pause the guy co worker goes, Oh she was (Insert Ex Boyfriends name) his date and Proudly handed him his award with a kiss. I could have been knocked over with a feather. Is that this Guys MO?? Have I been duped and he just chases girls from work? I am personally going to play it cool at work since I must separate my personal side from the work place. I doubt I can look at her the same again. I come from old school dating where ladies do not date each others former interest. Basically we are mindful . Now I'm even wondering if she deliberately invited me out to lunch so she could keep the devil in her pocket so to speak. Best I can do is wait and see, but feeling like chopped liver is no fun. The diplomatic thing to have been done was for him to share this news prior to it becoming office fodder. I feel like the brunt of a joke....I would have been more accepting if their relationship was genuine and caring, yet I cannot see that as a quality that he ever exhibited. (editors note: part rant and Part perplexed).

Did she know he was your ex??

If so, indeed never look at her again :S because no it's not old school, I would never ever ever date my friend's ex

• Author

I genuinely do not know at this point without asking her directly. She comes off as keeping her business life separate from her personal. Unless she is talking about her children. She seemed very uneasy that the cat got out of the bag when the guy (co worker) mentioned her date and tv scenario. A part of me reflects distrust and then there is the rational side that sincerely thinks, its not my business one way or the other. I just struggle with the fact that why conceal it? Be upfront about it. Have the adult decency to be forthright.

I genuinely do not know at this point without asking her directly. She comes off as keeping her business life separate from her personal. Unless she is talking about her children. She seemed very uneasy that the cat got out of the bag when the guy (co worker) mentioned her date and tv scenario. A part of me reflects distrust and then there is the rational side that sincerely thinks, its not my business one way or the other. I just struggle with the fact that why conceal it? Be upfront about it. Have the adult decency to be forthright.

It's fishy either way. I suggest you ask her if she knew he is your ex. If she knew and didn't tell you, this says a lot about her personality. Then I would keep it to business strictly.

Did she know he was your ex??

If so, indeed never look at her again :S because no it's not old school, I would never ever ever date my friend's ex

I heard of people doing this and in my point of view it entirely depends on the relation they had, how she has been to my friend and the time-frame in between.

And than there is also the dimension of honesty to friends or collogues. Perhaps she did not know or found out later. It is very well possible that she still doesn't know, or found out about it when already in training with you. I can imagine that it can be equally awkward then to mention it to you. Next to that we are presuming that they have something special going on.

Just ask her. In my you now have to little information to form an opinion about her character.