How to do this ?

pappa k

I'm getting to the point where I finally realize that I need to learn how to be independent . I need help learning how to love myself and that I don't need a relationship to be happy. I just don't know how to do that

• Like 1
WhatYouWantToHear

So, your asking for assistance in being independent? Delicious.

Irony withstanding, I'm sure there are books on the subject. If nothing else, go do something that you wouldn't normally do. See a movie by yourself, eat at a restaurant alone.

EmbeddedCortex

I didn't date anyone until I was 25, so I was pretty happy being independent. Dated a girl I fell in love with for 2 years, until she broke my heart 2 months ago by dumping me and moving on to a new guy from Tinder immediately.

The immediate urge is to fill the hole with someone new. However, I'm trying hard to remember that I was pretty happy on my own for 25 years, and that I have to get back there again before dating again.

I suggest learning to enjoy doing things alone, or with friends, or with family. But if you can learn to enjoy things on your own, you'll probably be in a better place to date again. I'm trying to get back there myself right now and it's definitely hard, it's like kicking an addiction.

• Author
I didn't date anyone until I was 25, so I was pretty happy being independent. Dated a girl I fell in love with for 2 years, until she broke my heart 2 months ago by dumping me and moving on to a new guy from Tinder immediately.

The immediate urge is to fill the hole with someone new. However, I'm trying hard to remember that I was pretty happy on my own for 25 years, and that I have to get back there again before dating again.

I suggest learning to enjoy doing things alone, or with friends, or with family. But if you can learn to enjoy things on your own, you'll probably be in a better place to date again. I'm trying to get back there myself right now and it's definitely hard, it's like kicking an addiction.

I'm pretty much in the same situation as you. Ex left and hooked up with a guy immediately. I want to see other people but I'm probably not ready yet.