Heartbreak with Guy from Gym

BrighterDays88

BrighterDays88

So I previously saw a guy at a college gym and it seemed like we both had some feelings for each other. However, I was very unconfident around him, being that he is a med school student and a few other reasons. I tried to talk to him in very short bursts before, but it wasn't really interacting and so we never became friends. Fast forward on, I later found out that during that whole time, he was dating someone. I'm feeling sad, but I'm not angry at him, because I know I didn't provide him what he wanted. But I just don't understand if he already had someone, what did all the hovering, the eye contacts, the emotions between us mean to him? I almost want to yell out to him or have him see this post, but that is silly because he wouldn't be seeing this and I'm not sure if I'll ever be seeing him in person again either.

The day that I officially decided to move on and start on a new life, I actually saw him on the road while we were both driving, and we both saw each other. I didn't expect it, because it wasn't in the places that we normally saw each other. After things turned sour, we also had other similar encounters like this before at the gym. But I felt this time was the most weird, because in an unexpected place I saw him just a few hours after I decided I really should just move on. If all the twists and turns before that hadn't happened, I wouldn't had seen him. This was after a month of not seeing each other. I started to wonder if it was God's signal telling me or telling us that we shouldn't give up so easily. Our initial encounters were a bit strange in itself. The first time I saw him was in a parking lot in a nearby town. At that time I was was just intrigued by him, thought he was pretty good looking, and I thought he was a lawyer working in the area, because there were many law firms there. A few months later, I saw him again when I first started going back to the gym, and I was a little taken back. I don't know what do all these things mean, if it means anything. I'm not sure if I will see him again and if I do, I'm not sure what to do now that I know he has a girlfriend. Friends told me to just make friends with him and see what happens. I know that is all I could do, but I don't know if I could do it, because emotions always get the best of me.