Not coping!!

Nopoint

Hi everyone, I'm new to this so here goes. We both fell in love with each other at 19. First loves. Were together for 16 years. deeply love each other but were always from different religions (huge problem) which we never overcame. we couldn't agree a way forward over kids and how to raise them. we broke up up about a month ago. Been NC aside from a few msgs re possessions.

though we broke up once before for a year (12 years in) I never truly let go. Hence just carried on life blocking it out. And when I tried to face it, I couldn't bare the loss so initiated contact and we got back together. However, the split now is for real. And I'm truly trying to accept it and let go. It's the hardest thing ever. I feel total deep grief. I've cried my heart out like a baby on times. and I find it impossible to not think about her. It's like she's always there. In my thoughts even when I'm doing something else. it's been a month and I know this is going to be tough bec 16 years is a long time. But I've never been with anyone else, miss her terribly and care for her still. I guess what I'm asking, is it possible to get 'over' someone whom U still love and have feelings for after being with them for such a long time? This hurt is unbearable at times. I'm just constantly down and though on days get through ok, I'm not in the slightest bit happy. how do I get on with things? And how long will this take? and will I be able to date again and let other people into my life? Any input from people who have split from long term relationships and marriages will be greatly appreciated. Or those that have suffered like I'm feeling now.

Thanks