NC day 1 questions..

mikes1987

Hey guys, So I am on day 1 of NC I always end up going 3-5 days then I break it for some reason :( anyways I can't look at there social media accounts that sets me back! I am scarred to do this because I still want to hope they are thinking about me but I have to for my own good so I can move on. Anyone else feel scarred in the beginning of saying to yourself it is over. Stop looking at there accounts? or is it just me.?

EmbeddedCortex

You have to get rid of all reminders and accept that it is over. Delete all pictures, throw away all notes, presents, whatever. That means also delete and block them on social media sites so you don't accidentally see anything or contact them or let them contact you.

Delete their number off your phone. The more you look at pictures, read old texts, check their facebook, read old notes, text them, call them, answer their calls, answer their texts......the more painful and drawn out your recovery will be.

And under no circumstances try to be "friends" with them.

They kicked you out of their lives, so you have to delete them from yours in order to move on.

TRust me, I've been going through a breakup the past 2 months, my first serious relationship of 2 years (I'm 27, she's 22, she's had 5 relationships including the one she picked up from Tinder 4 weeks after dumping me)...and I made every single rookie mistake in the book.

Do not respond to them, unless they clearly state they want to get back together, even then, give it a careful thought.

spaceboy409

block her from all social media! I went no contact for two weeks doing fairly well then I unblocked her account and looked at her new pictures with her boyfriend and it absolutely crushed me to pieces!! So bad to the point that I contacted her and was absolutely brokenhearted for days and had to start back at square one again. NC is the only way to get over them so I am told. I'm far from fixed but im at day 12 now. Some days are better than others but I know now that making contact will not help at all!!

Implemented NC for 2 weeks and felt great, then I broke my NC and spoiled myself with looking at his FB. It's a disaster. Feel like I'm back to step 1. So the advice is: You have to do it, just start it, don't overthink. And once you start, stick with it. Breaking NC will do you no good. Trust me. I'm starting again today with a lot of determination. Repeat to myself that I CAN DO IT. :) Just take the first step, you do not need to see the whole staircase, just take the first step :cool: