How can I get through this?

Connorjaay

Okay I'm young and probably stupid.

My first proper girlfriend.. Well we didn't even get to a relationship stage as her mother died when she was sick and she has been afraid of relationships ever since. I know this because I got told that from a very close friend of hers.

Basically.. She really liked me.

I won't go into details etc but we met up, kissed and cuddled etc.

she used to make a lot of effort to make it work between us from organising dates etc.

A long story short. She started being distant and when I asked why, she said she felt different and doesn't know why. I asked if there was someone else, she said no. She told me I was more than good enough for her and wished she liked me.

I gave it about a month to settle. I then told her how I felt and she started crying and saying how she wished it was different.

I really don't want to describe more as it's just confusing because she sticks with the whole "I wish I liked you" and telling me she had never been more comfortable around a guy like she has me.

Last weekend, she slept with her ex who she told me she didn't want back as she doesn't have any feelings for her. He wants sex and sex alone (he got it in the end). She was a virgin and we used to hint at each other about sex but I don't think either of us knew how to take it further.

I just want to know how to cope...

I love her with all my heart and I don't know.. Nearly 4 months and it hasn't gotten any easier. I still cry about her a lot.

I recently stopped following her and deleted her Facebook.. I think that was the right thing to do. She said she wanted to remain friends, but I told her only if she made the effort.

Since then she's being drunk texting me a lot and I don't know. I love her but I've gone through too much..

My first love... Will I ever get over her?

How do I do this, please someone help :(

You will get over her. It takes time & distance.

Deleting her from all social media & taking her out of your phone is a good first step.

Now do things to shake up your own life. They don't have to be drastic but you should stay busy. Take a class. Join a gym. Go hiking or biking. Rearrange the furniture in your living space.

Surround yourself with positive people. Don't drink too much because alcohol is a depressant & will make things worse.

Okay I'm young and probably stupid.

My first proper girlfriend.. Well we didn't even get to a relationship stage as her mother died when she was sick and she has been afraid of relationships ever since. I know this because I got told that from a very close friend of hers.

Basically.. She really liked me.

I won't go into details etc but we met up, kissed and cuddled etc.

she used to make a lot of effort to make it work between us from organising dates etc.

A long story short. She started being distant and when I asked why, she said she felt different and doesn't know why. I asked if there was someone else, she said no. She told me I was more than good enough for her and wished she liked me.

I gave it about a month to settle. I then told her how I felt and she started crying and saying how she wished it was different.

I really don't want to describe more as it's just confusing because she sticks with the whole "I wish I liked you" and telling me she had never been more comfortable around a guy like she has me.

Last weekend, she slept with her ex who she told me she didn't want back as she doesn't have any feelings for her. He wants sex and sex alone (he got it in the end). She was a virgin and we used to hint at each other about sex but I don't think either of us knew how to take it further.

I just want to know how to cope...

I love her with all my heart and I don't know.. Nearly 4 months and it hasn't gotten any easier. I still cry about her a lot.

I recently stopped following her and deleted her Facebook.. I think that was the right thing to do. She said she wanted to remain friends, but I told her only if she made the effort.

Since then she's being drunk texting me a lot and I don't know. I love her but I've gone through too much..

My first love... Will I ever get over her?

How do I do this, please someone help :(

They say the first cut is always the deepest, and it's the truth. My last ex was my first ex. The quote rings true... "The ignorance of first love is that it will never end".

You are young and have a full life ahead of you. This girl sounds like she isn't ready to actually commit.

Even though it doesn't feel that way now, you will meet someone else, who will give you the butterflies in your stomach again, someone who will cuddle with you at night again, someone who you will have every desire to spend as much time with again.

Keep your head up, and try and find pleasure in the smallest things in life right now, this isn't the end. <3

• Author

I'm sorry for like pushing those uplifting comments away like this but..

I'm making it so much worse for myself because ugh

I know she stills likes me. Call me stupid, but I know. She tried to tell me about two weeks ago that her head wasn't in the right place. I avoided that comment completely.

She's my first real deal. My first kiss. Even though my first kiss was a full on French kiss and she told me I was an amazing kisser afterwards... Probably making me feel good I don't know.

My main point is.. There's no other girl in my school that I can see myself with...

Okay. I never saw me with this girl as she was beautiful and in the year above!

I earned so much more respect off guys around me for this and ugh.

She really liked me.. Remembering my height after I mentioned it once (not even to her) and she always told me the habits she noticed when I was at her house.

The guy who she lost we virginity to is going to hurt her. Everyone knows this and I don't know if she does.. She said she knows he only wants sex but I don't know... She must love him so if she's happy, I'm happy.

His best friend told me that it should've been me she lost it to as he could see how much she meant but aaah

It's so painful and feels like there's no end...

Say I do "get over" her (I've never had to do this before) and somewhere down the line in say 2 or 3 years time she asks me to try again... What will be my feelings? I mean.. I can't imagine sending her away and that's what hurts the most.

Sorry I kind of went into more detail than needed I just feel so helpless :(

We have all been there. What you are experincing is what break up feels like.

Who knows what your feelings will be in a few years? If I knew that I would also be able to pick tonight's winning lottery numbers.

In time she will be nothing more than a happy memory but for now, she's a heartache.